Who has flushed a Toyota sealed transmission

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: unDummy
The automaker is just trying to keep dealer service departments employed, along with the parts department.

Making it difficult to change or check the fluid level, and difficult to locate the fluid at a local store, helps who exactly????? !@#$ing dictators!

Exactly! But you would think they would train the service techs first.
21.gif

Is the automatic transmission drain plug removed with an allen wrench? Does anyone have a picture of it? I have been trying to find a picture of one for a 08 RX350 for a while now. I've searched of other lexus and toyota vehicles with the 3.5 V6 engines with no success. I was planning on doing the drain and fill when it's cold. I use a graduated cylinder to measure the exact amount that comes out so I pour the same amount in. Any picture/diagram would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Am I missing some calculation
for the one example given 6qt capacity 2.5qt/drain
the first drain/refill would be 41% new fluid

so after the first drain you would have

59% old fluid 41% new fluid

the second drain you are draining out some of both..
so you are getting aprox 41% of the total fluid with is aprox
.41*.59 which is aprox another 24% of the old fluid
or about 65% new fluid 35%old fluid

3rd drain refill you are removing again... 41% total fluid
which is aprox 14% more of the old fluid so at this point you have 79% or so new fluid
using 7.5qts on a 6qt system

with a T-tech there is some mixing (in the pan)so generally you do overflush.. something like 8qt for a 6qt system.
and this generally gets you somewhere around 90% new fluid.

If I'm missing something here.. please chip in with facts.. or if you are saying I'm wrong explain it :)

Last edited:
Just serviced my 2010 camry with amsoil atl. I hope everything works fine. I'm gonna drive it for 2 weeks before taking a long trip. The fluid that came out wasn't terrible looking but was pretty dark. It had 55k on it

Hey lubedude, let us know how it works for you. I have drain-n-filled my Avalon a couple times now with the WS.

I still have yet to do my sealed transmission. I should go order the filter while I think of it. I don't know what makes WS fluid special, but I do know the transmission sure does like to run hot, as per my Scangauge.

As stated above I just serviced mine a week ago with amsoil atl. It is shifting fine. Couldn't notice anything different. I decided to take it to my dealership 40 miles away to have them just to check the level. I told them how I serviced it and they said if you didn't get the right fluid or the right amount in it you would DEFINITELY know immediately with these transmissions. The said as it would downshift you would feel like someone was rear ending you as it downshifted.
Just so you guys know

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back