Who has a Mazda forum they like? (esp. for 2011+ Mazda5)

Strongly considering buying a 2011+ Mazda5 (the mini-minivan, not the CX-5). Anyone know of a good forum for this car? Or at least for Mazdas generally?

Most of what I've seen for the 5 seems primarily aimed at the pre-facelift (2010 and older), and a lot of it is buried in subforums – though TBH I'll take what I can get!

A friend had one and he really liked it. He only complained about the road noise, but that was every Mazda in that era.

No to the forums but I owned a 2014 Mazda5. Nice little vehicle. Underpowered but he 2.5 was rock solid and I never had any issues other than there was a large rust spot under the rear license plate after only 3 years. I've owned lots of vehicles in the NE and none have ever had body rust. Luckily, I didn't notice that until it was being traded in and they took off the rear plate.

Thanks, folks!

Rust seems to be a big issue on these cars. The extent of it on the cars I'm seeing is... not encouraging.

Mazdas247 has a good Mazda5 subforum.

The 1st-gen Mazda5 ('06 - '10) rusts around the rear wheel wells here.

I think they skipped MY2011, and introduced the 2nd gen as a 2012 model.

I have not seem a 2nd-gen one with any rust.

I have not seem a 2nd-gen one with any rust.
Do you mean around the body panels, or under the car as well?

Undercarriage rust has been pretty scary on the 2nd gen ones I've looked at. Though I might be spoiled coming from a German car...

Body panels have all seemed fine, though.

Do you mean around the body panels, or under the car as well?

Undercarriage rust has been pretty scary on the 2nd gen ones I've looked at. Though I might be spoiled coming from a German car...

Body panels have all seemed fine, though.
I'm talking about my casual observations - I haven't looked under a 2nd-gen 5.

It's not hard-core rust belt here, but nor is it Arizona. Sort of inbetween, but bad enough that rust is a problem.

Back