Who had a good day at the office today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did!

I got in some internally PTFE Lined 25 Gauge dispense needles to dispense Methanol & Reagents. Normal needles allow Methanol to easily wick up the outside of the needle and cannot dispense dots on super low viscosity fluids.

The internal Teflon lining allows the dot to hover on the end. This couple along with a long thin PEEK tubing below the 5cc syringe to act like a choke resistor allows me to dispense dots less than a 1/4 of a Microliter!!
banana2.gif

Anyone know what I'm talking about??

The day was good, might have averted the layoff of 5 people through creative shuffling of resources.

Originally Posted By: tpitcher
I did!

I got in some internally PTFE Lined 25 Gauge dispense needles to dispense Methanol & Reagents. Normal needles allow Methanol to easily wick up the outside of the needle and cannot dispense dots on super low viscosity fluids.

The internal Teflon lining allows the dot to hover on the end. This couple along with a long thin PEEK tubing below the 5cc syringe to act like a choke resistor allows me to dispense dots less than a 1/4 of a Microliter!!
banana2.gif

Anyone know what I'm talking about??

Maybe not your specific application, but when Im running GC I see an ispropanol solvent peak that I dont want because of the same phenomena.

Unfortunately a PTFE coating would burn off in my application.

I had a good day. I did some non-standard, seat-of-the-pants lab work to find the leak path through a sensor, to help my client with a $500K issue that was plagueing them. Humbleness aside, this was work only an experienced, seasoned technical person could accomplish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back