Who else has family that neglects their cars?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: xfactor9
Makes me wonder, how could these people have survived in the era when spark plugs only lasted 25k miles, distributor cap/rotor 20k miles, shocks 30k miles, tranny fluid 30k, etc

Did their cars just run like garbage when it hit the 30k mile barrier?

I made sure my mechanic multi-tasked when I brought the car in ions ago and had them go ahead and replace the O-Ring on just the distributor(no cap and rotor) while the car was getting a new ALT. Since then, not a word (nor leak). yeah, I guess one matriculates into the world of old school cars by osmosis when you are replacing O-Rings on distributors. It's a 1995 but you would be surprised how well that old(er) technology still is superior when executed flawlessly and that they still used distributors back as recent as then.

Last edited:
My sister is married so her husband is now in charge. I see a low tire not my problem, I will get yelled at if I say something so I stay out of it.

Judging from the used cars I see, most drivers don't keep their cars in good shape. I still can't comprehend beating up a capital intensive asset like that but they do.

Contractors are the worst, they all need loaded to the gills 1 ton trucks than make a sport out of trashing them.

Every time I see something like this thread or look at a used car, it makes me happy that I don't have to deal with it anymore, I buy new.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hattaresguy

Every time I see something like this thread or look at a used car, it makes me happy that I don't have to deal with it anymore, I buy new.

A 1-year old car with 10k miles would be a fine choice over buying new. You get a discount on the price, and the car likely hasn't been abused yet because people tend to treat their cars well the first year of ownership, before the novelty wears off. And even if they neglected it a little, it probably wasn't long enough to do serious harm

Or buy a used car with free maintenance, they tend to be well maintained

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back