Whipple supercharged 2017 5.3 silverado

If a change was needed the Supercharger MFG would recommend it. Stick with OE.

Any dexos2
Any Dexos1 0w40 or 5w40
Any synthetic 5w40 to 15w40

Use UOA to move up HTHS ladder if needed

Install oil temp and PSI gauge to assist in grade/cst/hths recommendation

I have an supercharged 5.4 and a supercharged 5.8, they both get M1 Euro 0-40

Recommend you change the oil in the supercharger since you don't know the history...or even if you do.

And be grown up. Making someone feel less in their vehicle? The cars in y signature will blow you away in the corners.
Agreed...be funny if you pulled up next to my Fiat 500 and got spanked...

Cool truck though, I have been wanting to stick a blower on my 6.2L for a few years now. Just make it that much more fun!

Why not use AMSOIL's Signature Series 0w-40 that is spec'ed for the Hellcat and the Nissan GTR? If it can protect these applications, then your application would be a cake walk.

Why not use AMSOIL's Signature Series 0w-40 that is spec'ed for the Hellcat and the Nissan GTR? If it can protect these applications, then your application would be a cake walk.
Only thing is that Amsoil doesn't publish sulfated ash content, the Hellcat and GTR are port injection if it's a full SAPS oil like other 0w40s out there it may not be the best thing to be using in a 2014+ LS motor that's direct injected, I'd think that $22/jug off the shelf Pennzoil Euro L would be a better choice and it's cheaper and more available, it should run thick for grade, the SOPUS datasheet says 13CSt but that can't be possible since it's 30 grade but it'd probably fall somewhere between 12-12.5CSt and should have a HTHS viscosity above 3.5 close to most 0w40s out there.

I'm a little hesitant about using that with something that has 150hp as well as 150 torque more than factory.
150 over isn't really a big deal for a gen5 ls. My bet is the long block will outlive the rest of the truck and the supercharger even if you use the cheapest oil and filter you can find. Amazing motors.

150 over isn't really a big deal for a gen5 ls. My bet is the long block will outlive the rest of the truck and the supercharger even if you use the cheapest oil and filter you can find. Amazing motors.
Well after looking over everything a little closer, the 150 over factory is at 7-8psi boost, the pulley thats on this truck supposedly makes 12-13 psi so I'm not sure where my numbers would be honestly. I did talk to the people who dyno tuned the truck but unfortunately they couldn't find the file for the dyno. He said with the tune on file it should be low to mid 500s.

Back