Whining noise??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all—my new to me 1996 Dodge B3500 Pleasureway motorhome makes a noise that I can't figure. 318/5.2 engine runs strong and smooth with 59K miles on the clock. Trans shifts smoothly including the overdrive. At about 1500 RPM or 50-55 mph you hear a "whine". If you take your foot off the accelerator, the whine lessens, then returns when you put your foot back. The noise is not there before 50 or after you go above 60. Any ideas as to where to start looking for the problem?

I would guess that it may be the drive shaft/ u-joint. Had that on my 1999 chevy silverado. 250.00 bucks at the dealer is what it was back then to fix. Only had 40k on the odo.

Originally Posted by Boomer
Wife in the back seat?

Yea, I thought the op was talking about my wife.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted by Bud
Originally Posted by Boomer
Wife in the back seat?

Yea, I thought the op was talking about my wife.
grin2.gif

Wives don't whine, they just provide suggestion you had better listen to.

how annoying is it? It might make it another 10 years with no issues. Have you checked all the fluid levels?

Originally Posted by Rand
how annoying is it? It might make it another 10 years with no issues. Have you checked all the fluid levels?

Yeah, but motor home implies vacationing and who wants to do that wondering if it's going to let you down when you're as far away from home as possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back