While At WM This Morning.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a first truly spring like weekend and I noticed at WM all of the 20W50, 15W50 oils of all kinds were wiped out, must have been a whole lot of motorcycles and boats changed.

That's because all those motorcycles are headed here for Bike Week in Daytona Beach! (3/6/2020-3/15/2020)
If you've never seen it, check it out on YouTube, just incredible!

Seen this at my local Walmart this morning. 12qt Mobil 1 bag in a box for $55.

[Linked Image]

Ordering from walmart.com has not spared me from their inventory issues.

3 weeks ago I ordered 2 jugs of QSUD 5w-30, and some other stuff, so I qualified for free shipping. But, I was forced to accept store pickup for the oil.

The next day one jug was canceled.

The day after that the second jug pickup was delayed.

A couple of days later that the second jug was back ordered.

Another week went by and then I canceled the backorder. I went to the pick up location and purchased the last jug of QSUD 5w30 that they didn't know they had. The SOPUS section was wiped out.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by PontiacHO
I'm of the opinion that local independent shops are buying their oil from Walmart. The Rollback prices can be cheaper than these shops can buy oil.

I've thought the same thing for a while. Can't say I've ever seen anyone with a cart full of engine oil though but they'd most likely shop for it during the day and I don't normally go in during that time.

That happens, but it's pretty unusual. Shop owners want deliveries, and if they have to take time out to go buy parts and supplies, they're not doing what makes them money. So, unless they're out, or the price difference is huge, they'll pay more, and pass the cost on to their customer.
It doesn't mean they won't, on a monthly basis, let their oil rep know how unhappy they are with the situation, though.

I always go to local WM with my Amazon app open. Look at the shelves and then look at the price on Amazon. Which ever better I get it there. Of shelves are empty, then I just order from Amazon.

Not surprised. Isn't PYB the best priced name brand conventional oil aside from Quaker State? Valvoline and Castrol are $$$ IMO.

X2 for WM.com.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by dlundblad
Not surprised. Isn't PYB the best priced name brand conventional oil aside from Quaker State? Valvoline and Castrol are $$$ IMO.

X2 for WM.com.

Chevron Supreme takes the cake for plastic bottle conventionals. Havoline wins if you look at the 6qt box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back