Which Valvoline is Closest to M1 EP 5W-30?

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
Curious about which Valvoline oil is the closest to M1 EP 5W-30 both in formulation and ability to do extended drain intervals. I'm not very familiar with the different Valvoline offerings for PCMOs. Thanks for any help.

While it's Euro car oil and not your standard ILSAC fair, Valvoline XL-III is probably the closest since it carries several European extended drain approvals, otherwise Valvoline makes no recommendations of extended drain intervals even with their "Extended Protection" offering.

While it's Euro car oil and not your standard ILSAC fair, Valvoline XL-III is probably the closest since it carries several European extended drain approvals, otherwise Valvoline makes no recommendations of extended drain intervals even with their "Extended Protection" offering.
^^^ This - in reality I don’t see but two major brands at Walmart well known for extended use … ST has entered the fray - but I’ll not make my first 15K+ run on ST (10K is self imposed limit now) …

Not seeing the MST anymore - but seems some things are renamed …

That's how I see it. Maybe a dash of PAO/V but anyone's guess.
Yeah - put the normal Valvoline Syn in the IS300 last change …
… going to assume the dual point injection does it’s thing and run 10k

Last edited:
I saw some at Walmart that was just right next to the M1;

1646399799657.jpg

One more thumbs up for this answer. VW 504 00 and ACEA C3. Plus you can't beat the price when you buy 3 on Amazon.

Seems like a great 10K oil - but have not seen their mileage claim …

It's Valvoline. It's good for 4,000 mi unless you owner's manual says 20,000 mi and then it magically last five times longer.

Don't take that the wrong way. I don't believe it's only a 4,000 mi oil.

Thanks. I'm not at all familiar with that oil, and I'll look into it. Is it akin to M1 ESP?

Back