which synthetic oil in 2018 F-150 5.0L engine

I honestly doubt any of the previous 5.0 would tell the difference between 5w20 and 5w30.

I have noticed no difference between 5W20, 5W30 or 10W30. I am currently running M1 HM 5W20 year round and despite perceived noise observations from some members over the years with Mobil 1, my 5.0L runs smooth and quiet. I bought 8, 12 qt boxes at $1/qt and is likely the best oil deal I've ever found during my tenure at BITOG. It's even better than the Delo 400 SAE30 $1/gal sale from '05/'06.

I used Schaeffer 9000 5w-30 in my 5.0. Of course it was prior to the DI version. YMMV

(and yes for the boo hoo people, a single report doesn't mean anything statistically)

0hCK7ST.png
Stellar report. What did you have on for an air filter and oil filter at time of sample?

Stellar report. What did you have on for an air filter and oil filter at time of sample?
Air filter was Wix, and oil filter was an Amsoil unit.

FWIW that truck was sold with 0w-40 in it, ran super smoothly with no loss of mpg or power that I could detect.

BIL has a 2016 F150 5L that he does a fair bit of off-roading with, and it gets bulk Castrol GTX 5W-20, and it seems to do fine.
Engine has a LOT of oil in it, so any oil is definetly not stressed in this application.

Back