which synthetic oil in 2018 F-150 5.0L engine

Which brand of synthetic oil 5w20 [I live in Cal.], with a excellent volatility, would be best in my 2018 F-150 5.0L engine. It has GDI and PFI fuel delivery and plasma wire arc transfer cylinder liner for 2018. I do not haul loads or pull loads, mostly a grocery getter. I use 93 octane. Thanks for any help.

Which brand of synthetic oil 5w20 [I live in Cal.], with a excellent volatility, would be best in my 2018 F-150 5.0L engine. It has GDI and PFI fuel delivery and plasma wire arc transfer cylinder liner for 2018. I do not haul loads or pull loads, mostly a grocery getter. I use 93 octane. Thanks for any help.
Go to your local WM and see if they have ALL Havoline full synthetic oil on clearance.

Wow, I was going to say 'anything that meets the specs in the manual' until you said that! 😲

So in this special case... anything that meets the specs in the manual.
it's just a really thin layer of iron, a modern approach to the plasma-sprayed "ferral" cylinders in some old porsches. cast iron sleeves are terrible for cooling and have poor durability, manufacturers have been trying to get rid of them for half a century. PTWA has a good chance of displacing outdated al-si and the famously expensive nikasil

Last edited:
it's just a really thin layer of iron, a modern approach to the plasma-sprayed "ferral" cylinders in some old porsches. cast iron sleeves are terrible for cooling and have poor durability, manufacturers have been trying to get rid of them for half a century. PTWA has a good chance of displacing outdated al-si and the famously expensive nikasil
Isn't an Alusil block much more expensive than a Nikasil coated bore?

I feel like a 5.0 should have a 30 weight oil with how many rpms they can spin, but what do I know. The fact that they spec a lower weight oil than the Ecoboost seems strange to me.

Back