Which RN0720 (Renault) oil with good fuel mileage

Hello,

I have a Twingo 1.5 DCI engine and I wanna improve soms more (little) fuel improvement.

What oil do you experts recommend?
Ofcourse I also did my research and I think the Shell 5W30 Ultra with C4 is a good oil?

Any other oil brands is fine to, as long it's not Castrol.

So I'll bite seeing how you thought it was important to include. Why not Castrol?
Castro in the Netherlands is a hydro-crack, even they say "fully syntethic", only in Germany is a Castrol real fully synth. That's why.

Castro in the Netherlands is a hydro-crack, even they say "fully syntethic", only in Germany is a Castrol real fully synth. That's why.
Ah yes the endlessly debated “is a Group III based synthetic actually a synthetic” topic. Maybe I can post some links to those endless discussions here.

So every brand except “Castro” is okay because it’s a Group IV based synthetic?

Ah yes the endlessly debated “is a Group III based synthetic actually a synthetic” topic. Maybe I can post some links to those endless discussions here.

So every brand except “Castro” is okay because it’s a Group IV based synthetic?
I just asked for some other brands oil, and added no "Castro", that's it. There was a law case in Germany were the guy who suited Castrol won, so? .....

I just asked for some other brands oil, and added no "Castro", that's it. There was a law case in Germany were the guy who suited Castrol won, so? .....
No there wasn't.

But the thing is, you wanted better fuel economy, right? That was your question. A brand and the base stock composition isn't going to affect fuel economy since it has little or nothing to do with that. The only way you can improve fuel economy with an oil is to lower the grade, which isn't advisable unless you're sure the HT/HS for the lower grade is adequate for your engine and operating condtions.

This is the Diesel engine, right? Run what your owners manual suggests. Your driving style and tire inflation will affect your fuel economy more than any oil.

What is it with the Castro thing anyway?

I'll stay out of the misconceptions, old wives' tales, and fake news that circulates globally.

Fuchs TITAN GT1 FLEX 34 5W-30 Done!​

Bit of a weird thread considering the Twingo with a 1.5DCi engine is probably one of these most fuel efficient cars out there. We have a Dacia Logan MCV with that engine and even with my Wife's heavy right foot averages 55-60mpg.

If it helps, Dacia just asks for an oil that meets ACEA C3 in this engine.

Don't get hung up on the whole Group 3/4/5 thing. Look for manufacturers approvals as that's what ensures the quality of the oil you're using. VW 504/507 is one of the most stringent specifications you can get.

If you do want something that is more 'fuel efficient' then you could look at an oil that meets both ACEA C3 AND C2. C2 has fuel economy requirements over C3 but ultimately the 1.5DCi asks for a high HTHS oil so you NEED ACEA C3 at a minimum.

Could also look at Liquimoly Ceratec? I use it in the 1.5DCi and did notice a benefit to using it. Although I expect the cost of the product would outweigh any fuel benefits if there are any.

Bit of a weird thread considering the Twingo with a 1.5DCi engine is probably one of these most fuel efficient cars out there. We have a Dacia Logan MCV with that engine and even with my Wife's heavy right foot averages 55-60mpg.

If it helps, Dacia just asks for an oil that meets ACEA C3 in this engine.

Don't get hung up on the whole Group 3/4/5 thing. Look for manufacturers approvals as that's what ensures the quality of the oil you're using. VW 504/507 is one of the most stringent specifications you can get.

If you do want something that is more 'fuel efficient' then you could look at an oil that meets both ACEA C3 AND C2. C2 has fuel economy requirements over C3 but ultimately the 1.5DCi asks for a high HTHS oil so you NEED ACEA C3 at a minimum.

Could also look at Liquimoly Ceratec? I use it in the 1.5DCi and did notice a benefit to using it. Although I expect the cost of the product would outweigh any fuel benefits if there are any.
Thank you man appreciate it

You won't noticeably improve fuel economy with an oil change, assuming you stick to one that is appropriate for your engine. The biggest factor in fuel economy is the driver. Then add in tyre pressures, wheel alignment, vehicle load, traffic, routing, use of accessories, aerodynamics, weather and overall drivetrain condition before you get to the oil.

And all brands use Group 3 as "synthetic". And Castrol ends with an "l".

Back