Which post-2000 cars are easy to work on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post-2000?

Jeep Cherokee and Wrangler. Same as they've been since the dawn of time.

Actually I agree that almost every vehicle has some service items that make you want to insert them into whatever engineer designed the layout. And in general I'd have to say that the 80s were the absolute worst years for ease of service, with all the rushed down-sizing and primitive emissions systems. Even my wife's PT Cruiser, which is notoriously difficult in some aspects because of the shape of the engine bay, is a walk in the park compared to an 84 Cadillac I once had to maintain. I HATED that thing.

Jeep Wrangler's are easy to work on, plenty of work space in the bay as well. From personal experience any of the 2000-2004 Nissan Xterra's are easy to work on(really easy), plenty of room to do what you need to do, except plug #6 with spark plugs(IMO, drink a few beers and get buzzed before attempting it, you don't want to be fully aware during #6 removal).

No not really. The valve cover removal was twice as long as the 2002 BMW 3.0l I just did last weekend.
Oil drianed onto exhaust manifold which would smoke badly if you do not do a good drgreasing before hand.
Oil filter hard to reach, tranny fluid was the biggest pain however. Not one single body panel lined up, there was a bad rattle inside the dash that I could not find even after removing the dashboard and driving it around to locate it. the dash was also cracked in several different places.
Easy things where sparkplugs.
You are right about the suzuki. But That engine was easy to deal with. Almost no wiring and easy to reach parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back