Which oils contain Lubrizol's additives?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Valvoline, Joe Gibbs, Amsoil, Redline and probably many others. Different additives often come from multiple suppliers.

Originally Posted By: buster
Valvoline, Joe Gibbs, Amsoil, Redline and probably many others. Different additives often come from multiple suppliers.

Does Lubrizol make additives for their entire line of oils (synthetic, blend, and conventional)?

I'm asking because I'd like to try a quality full synthetic with Lurizol in it. So far I have used nothing but M1 5W-30 and PP 5W-20/10W-30, which don't use Lubrizol's add pack.

Last edited:
All of the Mobil1 additives are home grown by Mobil.

IIRC, YB and PP additives are home grown by Shell. And QS (not sure about Q synthetic) use/used Lubrizol's additives.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: buster

Absolutely correct about Valvoline. Here is an excerpt from the latest Ashland Annual Report:

"Additives (from key suppliers such as Lubrizol Corporation) and base oils (from key suppliers such as Motiva Enterprises LLC) constitute a large portion of the raw materials required to manufacture Valvoline’s products."

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
I thought Pennzoil and Pennzoil Platinum were Lubrizol, and Quaker State was Afton...

Other way around.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
iirc, PZYB is an Infinium w/G-II+, Formula Shell is Lubrizol w/G-II.

PZYB uses Infinium and Afton w/G-II+.

Originally Posted By: windeye
sorry for my ignorance, but what's so special about the lubrizol additives?

Actually, this is a good question.
21.gif

They are a board sponsor-so they have to be good additives.

Originally Posted By: wannafbody

They are a board sponsor-so they have to be good additives.

I created this thread because I keep seeing the Lubrizol ad. So I wanted to try some oils with Lubrizol in it.

They are the largest additive supplier in North America. One thing good about them (other than their research) is that you can call them up (if your a customer) and tell them your using xyz base oil from xyz company and you need to blend a oil that meets xys spec, and they will send you a complete additive package.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back