Which oil to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which (non-synthetic) 5w30 motor oil do you fellows recommend for my Honda Accord? I am guessing the "big oil" brands like Exxon, Mobil, Texaco, Shell are all the same - they seems to cost the same - and they are the least expensive "brand" names.

Then there is the next tier with Castrol, Penzoil, QS, Valvoline, etc - that are about 30 or 40 cents more. I know part of that must cover their advertsing / sponsorships, etc.

So which are the "better" ones to use. I don't mind payng more if I am getting more.
Thanks!

While we are at it, does anyone have any evidence one way or another whether the 5 quarts of Pennzoil 5W-30 I paid $7.88 for are any different than the Shell Wally's wanted a buck and a half less for?

First off...
welcome.gif

Chevron Supreme is now bottled in Havoline bottles. The Havoline seems to be more readily available nowadays with the companies merging together. These are labeled with the "Chevron/Texaco" address on the back, bottom left of the bottle's label.

This is your best bang for the buck $1.06-$1.17 per quart range. If you have a Costco or Sam's club nearby, it's even cheaper than that. Good luck!

I have to agree with the gentelman above... Havoline is available at Wal-mart for 1.17 per quart and is a high quality Group II oil. Pick up a case or two and you'll be happy that you saved the money
cool.gif

Just think after a few oil OCI, the money saved could be put to good use!
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back