which oil is which ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this time I thought I was running Warren Performance Products SuperTech full synthetic when it's been brought to my attention that I may have Citgo SuperTech in my engine.
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

So please tell me, which bottle is Warren and which bottle is Citgo ?

0068113177042_500X500.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

Originally Posted By: strongt
If you like Warren products you can pick Peak oil. Made by them.

I thought I was a Warren fan...............that is until I found out I got Citgo in there.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If I'd known it was Citgo, I would've never bought it. My engine has never been smoother...
blush.gif

crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif

All that preaching and claiming "this is the best" and "the smoothest oil known to man" and he didn't even know what it was!!!
spankme2.gif

So Merk, is it still the best?!?

this is what i said in a previous post that super tech can be anything anytime that is why when you see a name brand at or near the same price buy that.

Originally Posted By: strongt
If you like Warren products you can pick Peak oil. Made by them.

5W-30FullSyntheticMotorOil5Qt.jpg

But Which Warren?
Warren Distribution, of NE,
or Warren Oil/Warren Uni-lube of NC?

Warren Distribution makes ST in parts of the country.

Uh oh, I think I made Merk question his oil choice a teenie bit and do some research after I called him out for not knowing what was in it, and just loved it "by ear"

When in doubt, look at the bottom of the container. The Warren made SuperTech will have a WPP stamp on the bottom of the container.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If I'd known it was Citgo, I would've never bought it! My engine has never been smoother...
blush.gif

See, it was all in your head. To properly determine and explain smoothness and noise levels from different engine oils, as I already said, requires a sound engineer and a psychiatrist.

I have stated this before on here. I could change his oil to 5W20 and he would not know the difference.

Then again after all his raving after his last OCI maybe he has noticed?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
I have stated this before on here. I could change his oil to 5W20 and he would not know the difference.

Then again after all his raving after his last OCI maybe he has noticed?

Lol throw some totally overdue for a change bulldozer oil in there. I bet it would run better than ever!

Originally Posted By: sicko
When in doubt, look at the bottom of the container. The Warren made SuperTech will have a WPP stamp on the bottom of the container.

It's no where to be found. There's a great big LEE inside a Q stamped on the bottom of the 5 quart bottle and then there's a big C inside a circle on the 1 quart bottle. Looks like I'm gonna be making some phone calls on Monday.
confused2.gif

Interesting you should mention this. I was just down at my local Wal-Mart about an hour ago, and I saw something interesting:

2n65cp1.jpg

The bottle on the left was stamped LEE on the bottom, and the bottle on the right was stamped with WPP on the bottom. Same store, same brand, just two different oil weights, with two different suppliers.

Wierd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back