Which oil is best, or does it matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm considering buying a Stihl or Shindaiwa trimmer. Stihl has their Ultra synthetic, Shindakiwa has their Red Armor synthetic, and then there is the Ambersoil Saber synthetic.

Would Ambersoil be any better than the other two? If so, why? Or what about Ultra and Red Armor?

Thanks for responses.

I would buy the 50:1 premix at Home Depot. Given your total use for the summer will be a QT or two, having high test gas with no E10 and high quality 2 cycle oil will be great for your trimmer.

Any of the two cycle oils for air cooled engines should be fine. Check the octane, some companies want you to use high test rather than regular. I assume trimmers are winding up to high RPMs just like chain saws.

If you mix your own, dump the unused portion in your car at the end of the season.

Originally Posted By: Oil Changer
True Fuel premixed at 40:1 or 50:1 depending on manufacturer recommendation.

I thought any new stuff is 50:1 and only the older stuff would be 40:1. My McCullough ProMac 610 is 40:1 and I am thinking its a 1980 vintage. I bought it at Caldors if anyone remembers that chain, before Walmart sucked the blood out of them..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back