which oil for seldom use?

So, so if I want to use a high mileage oil for my 98 Mustang 3.8, and the car sits in the garage all winter, and even in the summer it sits anywhere from a week to a month between uses, would I be better off to use full synthetic to conventional? Either way, the oil will be changed in one year with less than 2000 miles on it and using an ultra Fram filter.

And no need to change the filter every oil change. Every other one would be fine. Also do not remove and drain the filter and put it back on, there is too much of a chance of it leaking if you do that.

I'd run an hdeo, it has a higher tbn. Sitting through different seasons without much running can cause some condensation.

Haven't you already asked this a couple of times recently?

So, so if I want to use a high mileage oil for my 98 Mustang 3.8, and the car sits in the garage all winter, and even in the summer it sits anywhere from a week to a month between uses, would I be better off to use full synthetic to conventional? Either way, the oil will be changed in one year with less than 2000 miles on it and using an ultra Fram filter.
Valvoline Maxlife in the red bottle would work great!

For seldom use and annual changes, I would use PYB with two years on the Ultra.. That's what I use in my 87 Merc. 3.8 with two year changes.

Valvoline Maxlife in the red bottle would work great!
And no need to change the filter every oil change. Every other one would be fine. Also do not remove and drain the filter and put it back on, there is too much of a chance of it leaking if you do that.
I never said I would change the filter every oil change. I only said Fram ultra, which would probably at least 2 or even 3 oil changes.
I'd run an hdeo, it has a higher tbn. Sitting through different seasons without much running can cause some condensation.
Also, don't want an HDEO, as I din't think they make an HDEO in high mileage.
All I am asking is if conventional or synthetic is better for leaving a film of lube on things when sitting.

I never said I would change the filter every oil change. I only said Fram ultra, which would probably at least 2 or even 3 oil changes.

Also, don't want an HDEO, as I din't think they make an HDEO in high mileage.
All I am asking is if conventional or synthetic is better for leaving a film of lube on things when sitting.
That's why I suggested using the red bottle Maxlife. It's a blend and from what little I have seen, leaves a film that hangs on.

Haven't you already asked this a couple of times recently?

I thought this was a old thread continuing on but then I realized it’s a new one.

It’s not going to matter what oil you put in that motor.

Back