Which oil for my new 1.0 Boosterjet (TGDI) engine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by paoester
Reunion Island is smaller than the U.S.'s tiny Rhode Island state.

Therefore, wouldn't an all-electric vehicle (EV) , no gasoline engine, be great there?

Superflan's previous vehicle was a Plug in hybrid. After the troubles he had with rough road battery damage and the utter inability to service a broken "high tech" vehicle there on Reunion, I'd suggest he avoid EV's for the near future.

My suggestion stands, M1, 10W-30 EP.

It's a Japanese motor that's small but rev-happy so it won't complain on any 5W-30 dexos1 Gen 2 oil. If you're OCD, look for a MB 229.5 or dexos2 approved oil.

Brands don't matter as the oil companies/add pack makers have to send samples to Mercedes or GM's testing labs for test and approval.

Originally Posted by Cujet
Originally Posted by paoester
Reunion Island is smaller than the U.S.'s tiny Rhode Island state.

Therefore, wouldn't an all-electric vehicle (EV) , no gasoline engine, be great there?

Superflan's previous vehicle was a Plug in hybrid. After the troubles he had with rough road battery damage and the utter inability to service a broken "high tech" vehicle there on Reunion, I'd suggest he avoid EV's for the near future.

My suggestion stands, M1, 10W-30 EP.

My issue with the Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV was a lemon issue. In fact, the car, bought back (trade in) by the dealership as part of a settlement agreement, is parked in the back of the used car lot (6 months after). I believe that in fact, in prime of being unable to offer good aftersales services steadily, they are still unable to fix a good part of the vehicles that they sell, and in that case, that they damage. Being an EV just worsened up the matter, but I have reports that it happens on ICE cars too at this dealership.

Back to the Suzuki, I'll enjoy fiding a 10W30 but it's a grade commonly unavailable here. 5w30 is common because manufacturers switched massively to 5w30 when diesels went to 2nd gen direct injection. Now I can see 0w30, 0w20 on the shelves for the same reasons. But 10w30? None. I can maybe have some liquimoly or valvoline 10w30 but at a premium price

I have one hybrid from toyota and my advice is when hybrid then toyota-lexus
thumbsup2.gif

And viscosity - 5W30 is fine, you can choose it... boosterjet 1.0 has particulate filter so I dont know if you need some ACEA Cx specification. My 1.4 boosterjet hasnt it so I buy oil without Cx spec.
If it is france? territorry Total-Elf or better Motul or Yacco gdi is not available? https://www.yacco.com/en/our-products/automobile/lube-gdi-sae-5w30-318

Last edited:
I can have Yacco GDI, or Total Quartz Ineo MC3 (MB 229.52), both in 5w30, for €10 per liter. That's the price here for oils, Motul is slightly pricier but not a high difference. Castrol too. I can have Shell (and Rotella is available sometimes), and other less known brands.

Currently I use cheap full synth 5w40 store-brand that was on clearance, costing as low as € 2.80 per liter. I'm not afraid of paying the 10€ per liter if there's a noticeable improvement on the life of the engine.

I'm still stuck imagining what would happen if a boosterjet car were sold here.

I'm imagining a 5 foot wing and dual [censored] cans and wide rear tires on a FWD platform

I dont know prices in your country but in Europe 8-10E is normal price for goog 5W30.... for example Millers oil is another level
lol.gif

I think best choice is yacco gdi

Originally Posted by Rmay635703

I'm imagining a 5 foot wing and dual [censored] cans and wide rear tires on a FWD platform

- ouu dont imagine driving in my country - very fast,speed limits nobody respects so light car with powerfull engine is very funny
thumbsup2.gif
to drive

Originally Posted by mikinko

- ouu dont imagine driving in my country - very fast,speed limits nobody respects so light car with powerfull engine is very funny
thumbsup2.gif
to drive

I think America doesn't have the same idea of "power" when talking about 1.0 and 1.4 l turbo engines, whatever the weight of the car it's in.

I dont know prices in your country but in Europe 8-10E is normal price for goog 5W30.... for example Millers oil is another level
lol.gif

I think best choice is yacco gdi

what bothers me is the 3.3 HTHS.

sound at the end, warning.

sound at the end, warning.

18.gif

Last edited:
power is relative.... V8 engine and driving 90 mph? ou in my opinion nonsense... miata dont need V6 or V8 and you have more smile on face than with something " emerican"
lol.gif

power is relative.... V8 engine and driving 90 mph? ou in my opinion nonsense... miata dont need V6 or V8 and you have more smile on face than with something " emerican"
lol.gif

because lightweight and RWD
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back