which oil companies are actually AMERICAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I know that conventional oil is all close to the same. So Im wondering are any of them actually American made. This may seem dumb but I'm curious. Thanks guys!

Most oil is bottled in America. Chevron is also an American company. British Petroleum and Royal Dutch Shell are headquartered outside of America, but any Castrol or Pennzoil bottles you pick up say made or bottled in America.

So I guess it depends on what you mean by "American made".

My bad. Valvoline. the name
smile.gif
LOL

I guess I would want American as possible.taken from the ground here bottled here and sold here. And on a side note where does valvoline get there oil? Since they are just a blender

If you mean which oil companies have their worldwide headquarters in the USA, here are some of them:

Atlantic Richfield (ARCO)
Ashland
Chevron
ConocoPhillips
ExxonMobil
Hess
Lucas
Marathon
Schaeffer
Sinclair
Sunoco
Wolf's Head

Originally Posted By: Mark72
My bad. Valvoline. the name
smile.gif
LOL

Quite alright. There are plenty of American blenders:
-AMSOIL
-Royal Purple
-Valvoline
-Redline

...etc.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
I guess I would want American as possible.taken from the ground here bottled here and sold here. And on a side note where does valvoline get there oil? Since they are just a blender

Exxon-Mobil
wink.gif
LOL That is at least one of their suppliers.

So I guess soups isn't American

SOPUS is owned by Royal Dutch Shell. Their headquarters is in the Netherlands.

ExxonMobil's headquarters is in Irving, Texas.

I guess I would want American as possible.taken from the ground here bottled here and sold here.

You want American Oil taken from the Ground? That may be hard, I think the US imports 70% of its oil. Wouldn't you just want the best oil for your car? Does it matter where it comes from? If Exxon buys oil from Libya (some of the worlds best oil) and refines it and makes a profit from it, does it matter where it comes from?

BP is 45% owned by Americans. If they took oil from the ground in the US and sold it, would that meet your needs? Just curious...
21.gif

Last edited:
Hmmm so maybe ill use valvoline or havoline? I've never heard any bad about the 2 I've heard mixed reviews about Mobil

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Royal Purple. Made in Porter,Texas,and their bottles are made in Schulenburg,Texas.

They are a blender however, not an oil company. They likely source their base stocks from ExxonMobil too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back