which oil companies are actually AMERICAN!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
Ok what's all that mean ? Moly , sodium ,titanium ect...... What do each of those do. Since my car is a Saturn id imagine a good oil that doesn't burn off and has excellent cleaning abilities. Sorry for all the questions I'm just very interested if you know of a place where I can read and educate let me know

Your at the right place to read and learn. Go the home page and do some reading. Theres an excellent write up about what an oil analysis and motor oil 101.

I will do that right now. I've been told saturns are hard on oil not sure what that means but I want this car last for a long time so I'm determined to find the best reasonable oil for this tupperware bucket of a car.

Nothing is 100% American made really anymore,

The heart and souls of America Ford/Chevy/Dodge Arent even 100% made in the USA, Soon if you want a Domestic US Built car, you may have to settle with a Subaru or Toyota, where as if you want an Import, That Nice Mustang/Challenger/Camaro would be it.

Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
If you mean which oil companies have their worldwide headquarters in the USA, here are some of them:

Atlantic Richfield (ARCO)
Ashland
Chevron
ConocoPhillips
ExxonMobil
Hess
Lucas
Marathon
Schaeffer
Sinclair
Sunoco
Wolf's Head

ARCO was bought by BP
Ashland is just Valvoline's blending & marketing
Lucas is a specialty chemical maker
Schaeffer is a blender
Wolf's Head is owned by Amalie

Hmmm. So I suppose I probably won't find a 100% American made product. So is there one conventional oil that would stand out. I put 15w40 in my Saturn to help oil burn and the more I read the more concerned I get about that not being the best idea.

Originally Posted By: chevyboy14
Hmmm. So I suppose I probably won't find a 100% American made product. So is there one conventional oil that would stand out. I put 15w40 in my Saturn to help oil burn and the more I read the more concerned I get about that not being the best idea.

Why not?? I used Delo 15w40 in my Saturn. It was the only weight that wouldnt burn away. Just run whatever brand you like, and check it every fuel fillup. Top off as needed.

I think that Exxon-Mobil is also a supplier to Toyota as well. I was also guessing that Nippon Oil is another Toyota supplier, but actually may not be now. So if that is true, are you just as well-off using Mobil 1 in place of the Toyota synthetics? (Don't mean to go off-topic with this)

Originally Posted By: OldCowboy
If you mean which oil companies have their worldwide headquarters in the USA, here are some of them:

Atlantic Richfield (ARCO)
Ashland
Chevron
ConocoPhillips
ExxonMobil
Hess
Lucas
Marathon
Schaeffer
Sinclair
Sunoco
Wolf's Head

ARCO was bought out by BP in about 2001 I think. Even the local ARCO stuff says "by BP".

my thoughts on this are that I would rather buy something that keeps Americans employed and working then to urchase something that keeps other countries empoyeed, even if the profits go to an American CEO. With that said if the product is from another country but the people here in america bottle it and makes the bottles then I would rather purchase that oil. Take Hyundai for an example, their cars are manufactured mostly in the US but the profit goes to a CEO in Korea, but I have no issues with it because I would rather see the Americans with jobs then to see a CEO in america profit from materials made in China.

Originally Posted By: 4x4chevydude
my thoughts on this are that I would rather buy something that keeps Americans employed and working then to urchase something that keeps other countries empoyeed, even if the profits go to an American CEO. With that said if the product is from another country but the people here in america bottle it and makes the bottles then I would rather purchase that oil. Take Hyundai for an example, their cars are manufactured mostly in the US but the profit goes to a CEO in Korea, but I have no issues with it because I would rather see the Americans with jobs then to see a CEO in america profit from materials made in China.

Arent some toyota's made in the Carolinas?

AMSOIL comes from the great white north of WI and as to what they use in it there may be some foreign things in it but mostly american there....yes alot of Toyotas now especially the trucks are made from parts mostly from USA and assembled here as well...there are stickers inside the doors telling you % of parts from here and %imported.

Warren Performance Products is an American company.They blend and make oils.Mag1 and Accel are their brands.They also blend and make oils for several others.Super Tech,the Wal Mart brand being one of them.

WPP bought Heartland Petroleum in July 2010,the plant is in Ohio.It is a re-finery,it recycles oil.

WPP

Lubrication Engineers, Inc. is a small international company headquartered in Fort Worth, TX. Their plant is located in Wichita, KS. To my knowledge, most if not all of the ingredients in their products are sourced from North American (US and Canada)suppliers.

Cenpeco, Hydrotex, LE, Primrose, Schaeffer's, Swepco, TRC....I can't speak to the source of their components, but the companies I listed all produce quality products at plants in the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back