Which of these Lexus

I’m in middle of these 2 Lexus . 2016 I like but it have turbo which I’m not big fan in a long term ownership . Should I worried about the 2.0l turbo Lexus engine ?
IMG_2097.jpg

I vote RX350.
- Cheaper to buy.
- Cheaper to own long-term, NA vs Turbo.
- RX is a more comfortable platform, while NX is more sporty. RX is also bigger, which is a plus in my book.
- Looking at Fuelly and similar sources - the MPG numbers aren't much better in the NX200T than the RX350. Very similar.
- NX is likely just more updated on the touch screens and other finicky gizmos. Nice stuff, but will be more expensive when it breaks.

I would look at used BMW X5s and X3s with the nice inline 6.

I wanted a Lexus sedan, but found a super low miles (mint) xdrive sedan for 1/2 the cost of a high miles Lexus.

Many examples of (depreciated) low miles bimmers out there. Many that are meticulously taken care of by dealerships & (former) owners with deep pockets.

We have good independent import mechanics here that are somewhat reasonable.

+6 on the RX350.
Buy it from someone other than CarMax and save yourself over $4k. The first stops should be at some Lexus dealers where you may find an RX that was purchased new there, serviced there, and traded back in there. CarMax buys the majority of vehicles from used vehicle auctions. A Lexus dealer would NEVER take a nice RX to auction.

Last edited:
We bought a 2019 RX350 with a naturally aspirated V6 that runs on 87 octane fuel. It gets 25-27 mpg.

The current RX350 has a turbo 4 Its long term engine reliability is yet to be proven. But the 3.5 V6 has been around for years and should be good for 300,000 miles with good care.

What I learn about BMW engineer is , they get pay a lot to design the best engine but they also get pay a lot to make sure the engine fail so you have to buy a new one once the warranty over.

Yet in Europe they are probably considered the most reliable out of nearly every single brand!

I think I've said it here before, but they must only export the models built on a Friday afternoon to the US. We just get the good ones! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Back