Which of these wheels looks better to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top pic. Sell the ones in Number 2. Someone with a car with different lines will like the set in #2. Maybe on a Citroen ...
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriver
Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
First set by far. Love the Capris. I owned a 74 2.8L and it was one of the best driving cars.

The shame about US Capris though is that except for the first years they had big bulky plastic bumpers that looked odd, and the engines were less powerful than European ones, for example in 1977 the American 2.8 which was the largest engine coughed up 108 Hp, meanwhile in Europe the most powerful one at the same time in 1977 was a 3.0 engine with triple weber carbs which made 185 Hp and 200 lb/ft, 130+ mph top speed and 0-60 in around 7 seconds, this was because emissions regulations were still very light in Euorpe at the time.
I had a Weber on mine with headers. Lowered 1" and heavy sway bars. I have seen pictures of the European cars though and there is no comparison.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Where is the picture taken on the top photo? In Spain? Or somewhere in the Alps?

Both pictures taken at the same gas station in Andorra, the Pyrenees, top is from this February, bottom is from March 1993.

Top set. Almost bought a loaded Capri V6 back in 1974; it would have set me on my German Car trajectory nine years sooner...

Originally Posted By: 3800Series
First although it was an easy call, the bottom is probably the worst rims I've ever seen.

I kinda like them, that's why i'm asking people for their opinions because i was thinking of putting them back on the car.

Yeah, first set for sure, no question.

Although, I like that the second set are wider and they appear easier to keep clean too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back