Which of these tires would be best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I have found a couple of tire options, all are basically the same price and warranty, so don't factor that in. Size is 265/70/R17.

1. BF Goodwrench Long Trail T/A
2. Cooper Discoverer LSX
3. Continental CrossContact
4. Yokohama Geolander H/T-S
5. Uniroyal Laredo Cross Country

All are either 60K or 65K warranty, basically what I'm looking for is a smooth, quiet ride for highway use. TIA!!!!!

Looks like out of all of the tires you listed the CrossContact is rated highest on TireRack. The BFG tires are right below it.

I'm pretty happy with my Continental ExtremeContact DWS tires.

continental for my vote, DON'T BUY THE LONG TRAILS. I had them and hated them a few years back. I'd avoid the uniroyals too.

BFG Long Trails. I have a set right now, 235/75R15's, they are the quietest tire I have had on my truck since I have owned it. They do very well on the highway, have great wet and dry traction and a very smooth, comfortable and quiet ride quality. The Long Trail T/A Tour is the one you want. BFG had a lot of problems and complaints with the original Radial Long Trail T/A. That was a directional tire and it had a lot of problems. The Tour is a much much better tire.

While they aren't really the same tire, the Yoko Geolander OEMs on the Forester seem great.
I'll likely look at another set of them when the thing needs tires next year.

I have the BFG Long Trail T/A Tour for both my Cherokee and Liberty. These tires are quiet at highway speeds and good in the snow. They also have the benefit of not slipping in the rain while driving over many railroad crossings in my area. I have about 6k miles on the Cherokee's set. The set on the Liberty has almost 11k miles.

I'm certain that all of your alternatives would work well for you. I have no regrets regarding the BFG's.

Last November I put on BFG Long Trail T/A Tour tires on my 2002 F150. They handled winter here in NJ great. They are quiet, great grip on dry & WET roads. Before I had Bridgestone Dueler Revo's. To me the BFG's are a better all around tire for my mainly road useage. Make sure they are the newer Tour version.

Whimsey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back