Which motor oil should I go with in my 06' FX35?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dparm
I wouldn't worry about the detergency thing. There are countless folks here using Rotella T6 in gasoline motors.

Agreed. It's dual rated. Whether or not the viscosity is optimal or whether an ILSAC certified oil should be chosen is another matter. Aside from that, there's no problem. The oil is rated for both gasoline and diesel engines for a reason.

With so many quality 5w30s and such out there, why do you think you need a 15w40? You could run a good 5w30 year round and get excellent results.

As for the consumption, every motor is a bit different. Nissan did make some design changes to remedy the higher percentage of oil burners in later years. As long as the consumption level is consistent, I would not lose much sleep over it.

Well the reason in think the delo 15w40 is due to cost. I can get 3gal for$35. So if I can use it to get me through the winter by adding perhaps Chevron supreme 5w20 or a 0w20 to bring it down safely. I figure the 3gal will be cheaper in the long run and can be used for my next oil change when the weather gets significantly warmer.

Originally Posted By: Mako3
With so many quality 5w30s and such out there, why do you think you need a 15w40? You could run a good 5w30 year round and get excellent results.

As for the consumption, every motor is a bit different. Nissan did make some design changes to remedy the higher percentage of oil burners in later years. As long as the consumption level is consistent, I would not lose much sleep over it.

Well the reason in think the delo 15w40 is due to cost. I can get 3gal for$35. So if I can use it to get me through the winter by adding perhaps Chevron supreme 5w20 or a 0w20 to bring it down safely. I figure the 3gal will be cheaper in the long run and can be used for my next oil change when the weather gets significantly warmer.

Well today I'm doing my oil change. So I got to figure out what I'm going with.

I guess I'm going with a 50/50 mix of Chevron delo 15w40 & Chevron supreme 5w20

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back