Which Michelin tire for 2006 Caddy DTS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I think you'd love the Super Sport (or its replacement) on the BMW, based on my experience with them on the M5. They were incredible.

Yes, I have the SS now, in 1M sizes, 245/265. I used the A/S3+ as my intermediate tire.

Probably going to go with something stickier when these wear out though, hard to get traction in first and second.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mightymousetech
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I think you'd love the Super Sport (or its replacement) on the BMW, based on my experience with them on the M5. They were incredible.

Yes, I have the SS now, in 1M sizes, 245/265. I used the A/S3+ as my intermediate tire.

thumbsup2.gif

They don't exist in my Jeep size at the moment (295/45/20) which is irritating. There isn't much available in that size actually
smirk.gif

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
From our main supplier, I have these available:

-Latitude Tour HP
-Michelin Defender T+H
-Energy Saver A/S
-Premier A/S
-Pilot MXM4

I eliminated some of the options that either had basically no availability or no/low mileage warranties.

out of the tires listed
definitely the Premier A/S

The pilot mxm4 is probably the pilot HX mxm4 an oem tire.
energy saver is blah unless you want max MPG (prius etc)
Defender is mediocre long life tire.

I had the premier's on my 2015 forester in that exact size.

Overall I was happy with them.. Esp their directional stability in high winds and wet traction.

There are some good or even better choices out their then Michelin. I will never own Michelin again having had 3 separate dissatisfied experiences with them. With that being said, I have been loving my GoodYear Eagle Sports on my CTS and the Perilli P Zero Neros on another vehicle. Both are quiet and handle all 4 seasons well with great performance and safety. The Perillis wear rather quickly but Discount tire always honors the treadwear warranty so no issue. The Goodyears are wearing very well and still handle well and are quiet. The Michelins that came on my CTS were garbage in comparison. Just my opinion and not gospel.

Definitely leaning towards the Premier, but what's the story on the Conti Pure Contact and the True Contact? Or the Extreme Contacts DWS06?

The DWS06 is the only tire that performs comparably to the Pilot Sport A/S 3+ in all conditions. Everything else is a compromise.

No other tire mentioned in this thread is in that league.

That car deserves a good, comfortable touring tire. I put Pirelli Cinturato P7 on my mothers Infiniti and they are excellent. Despite the 19" wheels they just glide over the road. She had a lot of complaints about the ride with the factory continentals and this fixed all of them.

I would go with the Michelin Premier A/S or the Pirelli P7 Cinturato. Just put a set of the Pirelli's on my car and they have been great so far.

Just an update: I ended up ordering the Michelin Premier A/S. Coupled with replacing the front strut assemblies (due to bad bearing plates), the car rides and drives wonderfully. Waiting on a replacement wheel to replace a bent one in the right front corner though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back