Which is the best Noack oil? I have these choices:

I have the following choices in oils for my next 0W-20 oil change: SuperTech full synthetic, SuperTech Advanced full synthetic, Quaker State Full Synthetic, Pennzoil Platinum Full Synthetic, and Valvoline Advanced Full Synthetic.

Which has the best Noack number for my direct injected non turbo four cylinder engine?

Pennzoil Platinum and likely Quaker State Full Syn since they're GTL, PQIA has tested several 0W-20 products most were 10-12%, Pennzoil Platinum was 8%, I don't know about quaker state 0w-20 specifically but other grades I've seen in the past are usually low like a primarily GTL oil.

Why is Noack your primary and apparently only concern? Definitely would not be mine in a turbocharged DI engine.
I have multiple requirements, but researched the others one my own and the Noack is the only one I requested assistance with.

You say you aren't concerned with the oil's Noack number on a turbo DI engine? Interesting take.....

Lol, I like me some Mobil 1 but these are the choices I have based on local availability for me.
Order online at Walmart or Amazon. The new Triple Action+ formulation is awesome. Mobil really spent some serios coin & time developing and testing this. I'm running it in my wife's Jeep GC WK2.

I have multiple requirements, but researched the others one my own and the Noack is the only one I requested assistance with.

You say you aren't concerned with the oil's Noack number on a turbo DI engine? Interesting take.....

Neither am I, at least not for the reason others seem to want low noack (prevent deposit formation in the intake). I do care to get low noack for other reasons though, as I'm more inclined to believe the deposits are formed due to reversion of burnt gasses into the intake

Order online at Walmart or Amazon. The new Triple Action+ formulation is awesome. Mobil really spent some serios coin & time developing and testing this. I'm running it in my wife's Jeep GC WK2.
At some point in the future, I will likely order the oil. But I have access to some current stock that is listed above. I will definitely keep Mobil in mind, as I have used it in the past and been happy with the numbers.

Neither am I, at least not for the reason others seem to want low noack (prevent deposit formation in the intake). I do care to get low noack for other reasons though, as I'm more inclined to believe the deposits are formed due to reversion of burnt gasses into the intake
Multiple reasons to want low Nocak-- no argument on that part.

I didn't say I wasn't concerned, I said that isn't my primary nor only concern - as related to your question.

My primary concerns would be sufficient HT/HS to combat wear and probable fuel dilution, and oxidation and varnish resistance. These issues are addressed with an approval such as VW 504 00, Noack is constrained by the approval to an acceptable level.

I didn't say I wasn't concerned, I said that isn't my primary nor only concern - as related to your question.

My primary concerns would be sufficient HT/HS to combat wear and probable fuel dilution, and oxidation and varnish resistance. These issues are addressed with an approval such as VW 504 00, Noack is constrained by the approval to an acceptable level.
We all have our reasons, lol

Back