Which grand touring smoothest, quietest on Civic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

For a 2013 Civic EX sedan, which of these grand touring all seasons would be the smoothest and quietest......

Pirelli Cinturato P7
Continental Pure Contact EcoPlus
General Altimax RT43

Thanks

I think the only way to answer that question would be to drive all three on the same vehicle and that is impractical. So...

You posted this similar/same question in another thread
smile.gif

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3470796/Smoothest,_quitest_tire_for_20#Post3470796

What size tire does your Civic have?
AND, is it a "T", "H" or other speed rating??

See thetirerack tire tests for standard touring tires. Std tour tires will probably be the best for smooth/quiet but, you may give up some handling that the Civic desperately needs. Or are you willing to give up something?

So, this depends on what your criteria is and do you need ONE(1) tire to do everything including snow/ice traction for the winter also???

IMHO, the General AltiMAX RT43 in an "H" speed rating(205-55-16) may be the ticket! Is this your size?

Last edited:
ATMOF, in the 205-55-16, the "T" speed rated tires of the General AltiMAX RT43 has a slightly wider tread pattern/width compared to it's "H" speed rated brethren!

Tread width:
"T" 7.1"
"H" 5.5"

The sidewall width measures the same. I'd be tempted to use the "T" if you can get anyone to install'em, as "H" is actually spec'd!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/CompareTires.jsp

I don't get it!!!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Boss302fan
The General is a very nice tire...

General seems to be coming a long way from the so-so tires that they have made in recent years(I don't want to start an argument here!).

The new Grabber HTS is highly rated Truck/SUV as are the Arctic Snow/Ice tire.

The AltiMAX line(RT & HP) has shown to be good performing tires as well, and General has been quick to replace them to keep their performance up to the competition, rather than keep them around so long that every new tire just eclips' them in the ratings.

We now own 2 sets of Generals(RT43's & Arctic's). Besides that, all of our tires are brand new on all vehicles listed in my signature.

Good Job General

I'd go with the Generals for sure.

I have Nexen CP672 on my car and they are excellent, I am way more happy with them than I ever thought I would be. Great tires!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back