Which GM vehicles have the OLM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
my 04 saab has a more sophisticated version of the OLM. It can go up to 18k mile OCI. 2.0L I4 - shares the ecotec block with other GM cars.

JMH

I heard the saturn vue has the OLM and it is a only a change oil light. does it state oil life percent on the vue, anyone know?

My GMC pickup, with Duramax diesel has it. Goes off at 10K intervals, but I usually change at 7500. Currently with Rotella T Syn, will be Mobil 1 T&S at next oil change.

Wife's Malibu, with 2.2L EcoTec has it. Looks like it will be going off around 8K or so. It currently has Amsoil 5W30, will be GC at next oil change.

2000 Silverado does.

Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Pretty much every single one has one or is getting one soon. There are several variations, some just say change oil, some give you a percentage, ect. They've been around for over 8 years on some models.

-T

My grand Prix has the countdown variety. Our Envoy has a change engine oil light. The manual says to change the oil once the light comes on. I've got 7 quart of Mobil 1 5W-30 in there now. So, it's just a waiting game until the light comes on.

quote:

Originally posted by Cutehumor:
I heard the saturn vue has the OLM and it is a only a change oil light. does it state oil life percent on the vue, anyone know?

The Saturn Vue does have an OLM and the 'Change Oil Soon' light. Mine does not state the oil life percentage indicator.

My 2000 Saturn SL2 also has an OLM and the 'Change Oil Soon' light.

The 2004+ Canyon/Colorado small pickups have a message that displays on the LED screen when an oil change is due. There is no way to read out the remaining oil life without a scan tool. I'm currently driving my dad's 2004 Canyon, which has 6,000 miles, and it hasn't gone off yet.

My 98 Corvette has one, and you can see it's exact percentage left. Right now I'm 3k into this interval, and the monitor shows 57% oil life still left. I'm sure I could go well below 0% and the oil would still be good.

Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift--they don't have them so I installed a "poor man's" version of it -- a hour meter and using Mobil1, I change the oil every 250hours which for my kind of driving equates to 10,000mile changes and after 4 oil samples, they have all come back with TBN's of 3.3 to 4.1 with the recommendation of "go 12,000miles next change" (two were Mobil1, one Amsoil and the last GC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back