Which "Full Synthetic" oils are Group 4 PAO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
how does germany regulate that supposed oil regulation of synthetic oil 50 % PAO content, though? they would have to make the oil comppanies post their PAO content somewhere for the public to see, because if not anyone could call an oil synthetic in germany. seems to me like an old wives tale, the supposed german oil regulation of at least 50% PAO for synthetic oils, unless some proof on the contrary gets offered.
I've posted the proof of it in the past and it's more than 50%, post with the translation here:

It's just a law in Germany (advertising law) with regards to the vollsynthetisches label. The public does not have to have access to it, just like oil recipes aren't available to the public from any of the blenders, the public trusts that the oil meets the requirements for A40/229.5...etc because it's on the bottle (and can be checked against the manufacturer's list, if available) and that the oil is vollsynthetisches because that's also on the bottle. It's the same concept.

It's like when you buy Top Tier gas. You don't get detailed information into what makes it Top Tier, you trust that the company marketing their gas is following the rules for that designation. The same goes for vollsynthetisches.

Last edited:
You don't have to chose Mobil1. Go with some of the offerings from Ravenol, Amsoil, Red Line, HPL, Royal Purple or Motul if significant amounts of PAO are desired. I'm sure there are others.

I won't try to convince anyone what's better, worse or sufficient for them.
Did motul 8100 5w30 is poa and ester base oil ? Any of 5w30 contains poa or ester base oil looking for 2.3l eco boost.

Motul Engine Oil 5W30 - Motul 109471 or​

5-Liter - 8100 X-clean Plus - 5W-30 Synthetic​

5W30 Pento Super Performance III Engine Oil (5 Liter) - Pentosin 8078206.​

No, the 8100 series is Group III.
In fact, Motul was fined not long ago in Germany for selling some of their oils as full synthetic, or Vollsyntetische, when in fact they are not 70%+ PAO like the law in Germany says an oil has to be in order to be called Vollsyntetische.
If you want a PAO 5W-30, Ravenol makes some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back