Which auto brand dealerships utilize the salesmen/women with

the shiniest suits and most slicked back hair? Toothpick in the mouth is bonus points.

I doubt the typical salesman clothing type like years ago can be tied to a certain brand now. I see more sales people today dressed in polo shirts and look like they are heading to the golf course.

Easy...wormwood motors, no one can pull of the quintessential sleazebag like DeVito 🤣

1617269501628.jpg

the shiniest suits and most slicked back hair? Toothpick in the mouth is bonus points.
We have a nice (small town) GM dealership … all product lines and a solid service department.
However, after the owner/manager died the son wanted to spend more time “playing” … so he promoted a salesman - a huge flashy loudmouth - who kept the sales “racehorse” attitude as a general manager? He tried to intimidate me once (failed) - but I moved on to Houston dealerships to avoid him - no regrets.

It seems like in my area that I find this most often at the Kia dealers. (Haven't shopped a Kia in a few years.) At the time the cars needed all they could get to sell and the customer base was the most likely to be groomed for such, so Wormwood Kia, sounds about right.

I think they have traded those suits for golf carts that you imply cannot get away from. you can stay in your car and they will block you in and one will get out and start talking to you through the window.
Went to a big volume dealer and tried to find the Jeep I wanted before any “King Cobra” spotted me … here comes the golf cart. Talked to him. Turned out I jumped in his golf cart and we went way around the main buildings … up a ramp and wow … here is a bunch more units including the one in my driveway …

I think they have traded those suits for golf carts that you imply cannot get away from. you can stay in your car and they will block you in and one will get out and start talking to you through the window.
Haha God I swear those golf carts just look so sleazy.

In my experience, always Chrysler/Dodge dealerships.
Although the one time that I looked at a used truck at a Kia dealership would be a close second.

Sleazy salesman? Chrysler/Dodge/Ram/Jeep with Nissan in a close second.
Sleazy service? Subaru 100%

Our local Mercedes dealership has women that look like models in the service department though! As often as you're going to see them I guess it's an easy let down.

Mazda! I applied for a sales job, and a person that follows up with customers after the salesperson. The guy looked like a young Paul Castellano or John Gotti. He had the vest, slicked back hair, and a toothpick in his mouth. Think 30's Italian mobster slang. He asked me "Hey can you start tomorrow?" "Nah that don't work for me." Weirdest guy I've met working for a dealership.

Mazda! I applied for a sales job, and a person that follows up with customers after the salesperson. The guy looked like a young Paul Castellano or John Gotti. He had the vest, slicked back hair, and a toothpick in his mouth. Think 30's Italian mobster slang. He asked me "Hey can you start tomorrow?" "Nah that don't work for me." Weirdest guy I've met working for a dealership.
Yeah, unfortunately smaller brands are more susceptible to this since they are more likely to be owned by a local "big shot" or, if owned by a group, are on the back burner.

Mazda has great and even pretty popular cars on the road, and I don't even know how given the garbage dealer network.

Back