Which Anti-Freeze for a 2007 Nissan Maxima?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I have been trying to figure out which coolant I should be using in my new to me 2007 Nissan Maxima but I am not up to speed on all the newer types. My Maxima is a low mileage car and the anti-freeze is a solid medium green color that I have not seen before. I have always just used Prestone in the yellow bottle but it seems that there are many different types out there and the yellow/green Prestone might not be the best one for this Nissan. The Nissan brand is super high priced at my dealership so I was wondering if there was a non OEM product available that is the same thing. Thanks!

I would use the zerex asian coolant you can get at Walmart. Its like 12.99 and its pre mixed.

Originally Posted by joegreen
I would use the zerex asian coolant you can get at Walmart. Its like 12.99 and its pre mixed.
This. Get the blue to match current Nissan OEM pHoat premix tint. Won't hurt to mix the older Nissan shorter service interval green pHoat.

Jug will look the one posted here or the one TurboLover purchased posted here, same AF.

Walmart had Valvoline blue that had Zerex technology on the label, is this the same stuff? It did say that it was for Nissan, and other Asian manufactured cars and trucks.

Originally Posted by mtgrs737
Walmart had Valvoline blue that had Zerex technology on the label, is this the same stuff? It did say that it was for Nissan, and other Asian manufactured cars and trucks.

I think it is the same coolant just has been repackaged, I learned this from another thread on this sight.

I have always used genuine Nissan in my 95. It's not that much of an expense considering you don't do the job that often. (Their formulation is safe for the aluminum head.)
Same goes for oil and air filters. My Nissan parts guy always give me a big discount and it is amazing what you can get if you are polite and ask with a smile. I believe a gallon of the 100% was like $22 a few months ago when I bought it and makes more than enough for the job. They have gone out of their way over the years to get me what I need at discounted prices.

The Nissan dealer that I have visited with charges out the butt. I won't use them if I can help it. There is a Nissan dealer in Dallas that sells on ebay and they do work with me. I purchased a new OEM transmission filter from them at a very reasonable cost and they said that they would work with me on other parts if I need them. I change out all the fluids on every used car I get and I have been very happy with the longevity of the used cars I have bought over the last 25 years. Most all of the cars have been Honda's, Toyota's, and now a Nissan.

Thanks to all you Guy's for your replies, I read them all and they are very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back