Which Amsoil is Group 3 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard good things about Amsoil reducing oil consumption in vehicles such as mine from fellow vehicle owners. So I bought some Amsoil 10w-30, it has a yellow label, no other name associated with it. I just want to make sure that this is their full synthetic group 4 fluid. I never followed their fluids very much and see that they have different series, such as 2000 and 7500 and XL. Which series is reported to be a group 3 product ?. The stuff I bought is just labelled as synthetic 10w-30, also says turbo formulated. I know one of their 10w-30 oils has amazingly low NOACK numbers, hopefully this is the right stuff that I bought. At less than $10 a quart I thought it was pretty reasonable ( for our part of the world). Any info would be helpful. thanks

lol.gif

Yes, the yellow label 10W30 (Turbo Formulated)is a group IV oil. I previously used it in a 1984 Pontiac V8. You should become a preferred customer and buy it at $6.60/bottle (CDN). Check with one of the site sponsors.

thanks for the information guys, Pablo that is the version I purchased same as the picture in your reply (ATM). I am looking forward to running this to reduce oil consumption levels compared to running Mobil1. I'll look into the pricing options, that sounds like a killer price. But even at my current pricing I find it pretty reasonable, only a couple more dollars a bottle than normal otc oils. If I can save one quart of oil in reduced consumption during an oci it will pay for itself. I'll report my findings in the near future. thanks again.

I switched from M1 to Amsoil ATM too...Im totally pleased with it so far. I kinda cant wait to change my oil again to get the rest(quart and a half) of that M1 out of there.

I didnt really have(what Id consider) any consumption issues with M1 other than the 2-3 ounces my catch can would catch...but I did find itd like to creep past the PCV rather easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back