Which "All in One" applied by PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a good all in one to give neglected cars a chance to shine. I was thinking HD speed but may be talked into something else.

1. What product?
2. Which pad do you use?

Thanks!

I really like Duragloss Swirl Mark Remover or SMR available on amazon, duragloss.com, etc. Great protection and gets rid of microscratches. DG makes a regular aio #101 but this SMR is more aggressive at removing the spider webbing. Truly a one step product for around $10.

An AIO may not be enough if the paint has swirls and such. You're better off using a polish or glaze compound to first remove the defects. More work but good results. Pads are normally labeled for their intended use, so if you decide to just do the AIO I'd use a polishing/finishing pad such as this:
Green Polishing/Finishing Foam 6.5" - Use this foam to apply one-step cleaner waxes. It is a balance of polishing and finishing that is perfect for all-in-one product application.

ccs foam pads, lake country ccs pads, ccs polishin pads, 6.5 inch ccs pads

Meguiars D151 is my favorite in terms of cutting ability and final shine. AIO are a jack of all trades frankly but for speed jobs for clients I have found D151 to be the best overall.

In terms of a pad it depends on the level of correcting that might need to be done. If you have the time and still want to stick with an AIO you can use an orange pad for cutting, wipe that down and finish with a red pad. For a single step I usually grab my white pad.

I have had good results with Griot's Garage One-Step Sealant. Pretty durable and decent correction when applied with my Griot's polisher with orange (firm) pad.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: silveravant
I have had good results with Griot's Garage One-Step Sealant. Pretty durable and decent correction when applied with my Griot's polisher with orange (firm) pad.

+1 on this suggestion. Easy to use, great results.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
HD Speed is phenomenal. But like most AIOs, durability is not is strong suit.

Truth spoken. HD Speed... even vs. D151... no contest. The new formulation cuts as good or an eyelash less than D151. Wipe off is better. Finish is better.

Originally Posted By: genynnc
Originally Posted By: The Critic
HD Speed is phenomenal. But like most AIOs, durability is not is strong suit.

Truth spoken. HD Speed... even vs. D151... no contest. The new formulation cuts as good or an eyelash less than D151. Wipe off is better. Finish is better.

That will be my next purchase after I am done with my gallon of D151!

Just grab some hd polish,a cutting pad and some optiseal or optimum spray wax for ease of use. I like speed but durability is questionable and i just flat out LOVE hd polish. Just take your time with the pc.Trust me, i know you wanted an all in one but you will be more impressed with a polish and good sealant/wax vs the all in one...Ive tried every all in one and this is just as easy with better results!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: mtndew_dad
Originally Posted By: silveravant

+1 on this suggestion. Easy to use, great results.

I agree as well. Groits has very good products.

After seeing it mentioned here and some other places I picked up some HD Speed. I've used it on two cars, an orange Honda Civic Si and a gray Subaru XV Crosstrek, and it worked well on both. I look forward to doing more cars with it in the spring.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: wn1998
I'm looking for a good all in one to give neglected cars a chance to shine. I was thinking HD speed but may be talked into something else.

1. What product?
2. Which pad do you use?

Thanks!

I'm going thru the same thing myself,so following with great interest.I am an Optimum man thru and thru.Great products,Optimum no rinse is the greatest.
As far as the "One Step"I'm going back and forth from HD Speed-Opti Poli Seal-Opti Hyper Spray Polish-Opti GPS.All the Optimum finished off with Optimum Spray Wax.Thoughts?
Thanks,
Tony

Originally Posted By: Shellguy
Just grab some hd polish,a cutting pad and some optiseal or optimum spray wax for ease of use. I like speed but durability is questionable and i just flat out LOVE hd polish. Just take your time with the pc.Trust me, i know you wanted an all in one but you will be more impressed with a polish and good sealant/wax vs the all in one...Ive tried every all in one and this is just as easy with better results!

Shellguy,I love the Optimum products.
Tony

Hey Tony.....I love optimum products and still top most everything i do with optimum spray wax(including spraying my vehicle with it after a good wash, as i dry). Great stuff. As of late I'm finding it tougher to get great results with the all in one polishes they offer. Different pad selections just aren't working to my satisfaction(with the harbor freight da polisher). I made the jump to 3d and to be honest with you, I'm impressed. Now i haven't tried the speed but lots of positive reviews the web. I just recently used hd polish on a friends black truck topped with opti seal and it came out great. Poli seal and gps are great products but just didn't have enough bite for me. And topping those with spray wax or opti seal is a must! I would give speed a try personally.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back