Which 5w-30 for my 2018 Frontier Pro-4X

Status
Not open for further replies.
You could use the Havoline Pro DS in the 6 qt. box. I'm not sure how many qts. you need. The box would either give you more towards what you need or a little top off oil. With your OCI being 5000 miles, you can't go wrong with $19.97 for 6 qts.

I just got rid of my 2010 Frontier. I ran all kinds of oil in that 4.0, and it didn't care one bit. Had over 100,000 miles when I traded it I and didn't use a drop of oil between changes. Started out on conventional, and was using Magnatec 5W-30 when I traded it in. Almost always with a 7317 Tough Guard.

Enjoy it, it's a nice little truck that will last!

Originally Posted by littlehulkster
Buy whatever synthetic is on sale, it will be fine, VQs are good, reliable engines and you will never notice a difference over the life of the vehicle. If you want to run Rotella, fine, it will work too.

+1

Originally Posted by BLND1
Originally Posted by oil_film_movies
Good pictures. We were comparing the Frontier with the newer Ranger out now. Ranger goes for about $6,000 more, and saving that money for a proven vehicle that Nissan has long ago gotten the bugs out of works well.

Originally Posted by OilUzer
Try PP Euro L 5Wx30 if you liked PP 5Wx30.
Going euro-spec is not a bad idea. HTHS 3.5 > than the 3.0 for dexos1 xw30 oils. Walmart's euro-spec Mobil1 or Castrol 0w40 is a good choice for this port-injected V6 for extra heat resistance. Any oil listed by cb4017 in the first post would work OK though.

The frontier is the best value going in medium sized trucks. It's a fantastic, dated, and few frills truck for those looking for a value proposition in the segment.

I say this as a second gen Tacoma owner.

This long-in-the-tooth Nissan Frontier is compelling. Cannot deny that.
smile.gif

Any 5w30 will work, but personally I would use 10w30 (I have 3 more syn jugs in my stash). I run it in my 2011 GMC Canyon 4x4 year round in SoCal w some off-roading but minimal towing if any. Zero issues

Well, for this oil change I did go with the Rotella Gas Truck. Next oil change I'll probably send a sample off for UOA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back