where's the "on/off" connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to find out where the wires from the on/off button go to on an asus a7v266. Someone cut the terminal off and there isn't no connection terminal left on the mobo. Thanks

Good luck. You may need to go online to the website of whoever made the mother board or do a search on the model number of the board.

If you're able to get it running once (by manually shorting the jumper, say) you can get into the BIOS and tell it under power management to come on when the thing is plugged in.

You could also jump the two wires in the ATX power supply directly instead of doing it on the mother board.

Just cut back the insulation on these two wires without cutting the wires and wire your switch up to each one. Solder the connection if you can, and then cover with heat shrink tube or duct tape.

wink.gif

fig-1.gif

It appears there is a keyboard power on jumper, perhaps you could enable this. Read the manual provided it's in there.

Originally Posted By: StevieC
You could also jump the two wires in the ATX power supply directly instead of doing it on the mother board.

Just cut back the insulation on these two wires without cutting the wires and wire your switch up to each one. Solder the connection if you can, and then cover with heat shrink tube or duct tape.

wink.gif

It is different than a physical power on/off.

Your power button serves as a signal to the OS to shut down before powering off the system. Also when your system crash, holding the power button for >4 seconds will trigger a forced power off.

I'd say bring the MB to someone to solder on the power and reset signal at the very least, or just buy another A7V266. They are probably less than $30 on ebay now. Heck, I got mine for $75 7 years ago and I'm still using it.

You can shut down the computer using the Operating System and you can shut it off when it freezes by unplugging it. I don't see what the problem is...
wink.gif

The on/off wires are just hanging there. I'll have to check those suggestions first,i'm at work on their blocked computers.

still at work.What will the connections on the mobo say,or what should i look for? It might be a few days before i can use a non-restricted comp. BTW, anyone here from Fresno?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back