Where to purchase OEM VW oil filter w/ CRUSH WASHER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Title says it all. I could go to nearest VW dealer but don't have the time. Looking to purchase the OEM cartridge oil filter but need the drain plug crush washer included. Does anybody know for sure who provides both online? Thanks!

Is it a crush washer or a sealing washer? If just a sealing washer, it does not need to be changed unless it is deformed.

Originally Posted by cpayne5
Is it a crush washer or a sealing washer? If just a sealing washer, it does not need to be changed unless it is deformed.

Thats a great question, I don't know! It looks different than the crush washer I use on my Accord. It looks like rolled metal vs a flat washer.

Originally Posted by gregk24
Originally Posted by cpayne5

Thats a great question, I don't know! It looks different than the crush washer I use on my Accord. It looks like rolled metal vs a flat washer.

Sounds like you truly have a crush washer, then. A rolled washer that's hollow in the middle (before use) actually crushes. A sealing washer is solid aluminum or copper, and because it's soft, conforms to imperfections, creating a seal - they don't crush.. Crush washers are good for situations requiring low torque, such as aluminum oil pans.

Last edited:
N 013 815 7, Oil Drain Plug Gasket is part number, M14x20 if you want to search for a box of generics. HU6013Z is Mann equivalent, OE supplier, or Mahle OX835D

On SOME VWs the crush washer is not replaceable. New drain plug every time at the dealership for some engines. Like on my 1.4T you can't take the crush washer off, without grinding it off.

Rock Auto has multiple filters including OE VW and a drain plug with washer and will be cheaper and usually faster than ECStuning in my experience. The washers are probably available from NAPA
If you go this route hunt down a 5% discount code.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
On SOME VWs the crush washer is not replaceable. New drain plug every time at the dealership for some engines. Like on my 1.4T you can't take the crush washer off, without grinding it off.

This^^^^ Might be right

Originally Posted by Audios
N 013 815 7, Oil Drain Plug Gasket is part number, M14x20 if you want to search for a box of generics. HU6013Z is Mann equivalent, OE supplier, or Mahle OX835D

This is all the parts you need just search them.

Originally Posted by Tech819
Originally Posted by Audios

This is all the parts you need just search them.

Thank you, that was a big help. Just purchased OEM filter and gasket from Rock Auto.

For the engine in question, this is the drain plug which has a replaceable washer.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/oil-drain-plug-priced-each/n91167901/
[Linked Image from parts.vw.com]

All of my VW's have used the one with the aluminum washer that is captured into the bolt, it is technically re-useable, but people have cut off the washer and replaced it with a crush washer

Originally Posted by UG_Passat

For the engine in question, this is the drain plug which has a replaceable washer.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-volkswagen-audi-parts/oil-drain-plug-priced-each/n91167901/

All of my VW's have used the one with the aluminum washer that is captured into the bolt, it is technically re-useable, but people have cut off the washer and replaced it with a crush washer

Aluminum washer. I replace it with new every few years. Used Torx once and never again.

^ Those Torx bit drain plugs are a nightmare. Always over torqued.

I've had no problems. The dealer on the other hand
smirk2.gif

[/quote]
Aluminum washer. I replace it with new every few years. Used Torx once and never again.[/quote]

Why?

Originally Posted by gregk24
[/quote]
Aluminum washer. I replace it with new every few years. Used Torx once and never again.

Why?

Slipped. The problem was that I did not ever over torqued as I managed to unscrew with pliers. But head slipped, and that thing will not go on my car again, ever.

Last edited:
I've been very happy with FCP Euro's lifetime warranty oil change kits for my sister's 2013 VW Jetta. A few friends have started using them as well. They sell the OEM filters and quality oil like Liqui-Moly, Pentosin, etc, and include a new drain plug with every kit. Return the kit with the used oil/filters in the supplied bottles and they give you a refund as part of their lifetime warranty. All you have to do is pay the return shipping, which can be about $12 or so depending on where you are. You really can't beat it for convenience and price. I can't even drive to WalMart and use Supertech oil and the cheapest filter in her Jetta for $12.

Since I used the last of my Amazon sale Castrol 0w40 in the BMW this past change, the next will be from FCP for that car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back