Where to go for best buy for PC 7424xp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've decided I want a Porter Cable 7424xp.

Who has the best price or best deal?

I've looked at AutoGeek, Chemical Guys, DetailKing, eBay, Amazon.

I get all my specialty car care stuff from auto geek. I think they have a 25% off sale right now, been running more sales than normal recently

Not to threadjack but I would go with Griot's HD if you can. I recently attended the Auto Geek roadshow class (their director of training teaches you how to use an orbital and various products) and for entry level they Griot's HD was the go to. The XP has some drawbacks, even for amateurs/newbs that I can't remember.

If looking for new, try to see who has coupons you can use (autogeek's coupons don't apply to polishes or try used on ebay). Unfortunately, not of a lot of the detail forums have a used products for sale section since they are run by stores.

Last edited:
I firmly agree with the Griot's HD machine over the Porter Cable. It is a stronger machine, more powerful, and has a lifetime warranty. Not quite the exact comparo but I own an older PC 7336, a Griot's HD (and a Cyclo). The Griot's machine is far superior in all respects vs the PC.

Originally Posted by JLawrence08648
I've decided I want a Porter Cable 7424xp.

Who has the best price or best deal?

I've looked at AutoGeek, Chemical Guys, DetailKing, eBay, Amazon.

Check all online outlets - you can bet there will be Labor Day weekend sales someplace.

Having used both the PC and Griot's units...they are both solid. I actually don't care for the Griot's per how it feels when using - comes down to personal preference.

I have owned three machines. Porter Cable 7346sp (basically a 7424xp), Harbor Freight orbital and the Griots Garage 10813. The Porter Cable bit the dust in Hurricane Sandy. Bought the HF unit to replace it. That is a surprisingly adequate machine. Still have it. Bought the GG machine and absolutely love it. In my opinion it is way better than the PC and the HF. If it were me and money were tight I would get the Harbor Freight polisher. If money isn't "really" an issue I would get the Griots.

Don

It's important to note that that Harbor Freight unit has a cult following online...but also along list of "do it yourself fixes and workarounds" - there are some issues with the long-term use of that unit. I'd avoid that one.

The Porter Cable here is outstanding and reliable - also fits well in the hands and stable when using.

Just don't like the way the Griot's unit feels in the hands...but it is also reliable.

Originally Posted by HYUNDAIFAN0001
It's important to note that that Harbor Freight unit has a cult following online...but also along list of "do it yourself fixes and workarounds" - there are some issues with the long-term use of that unit. I'd avoid that one.

Yea I don't think I'd want something I would have to mod in order to fully use. Easier to pony up in the beginning. Wait, did we just agree on something!?
shocked.gif

Anyways, it looks like Amazon has the lowest price out of the bunch.

I detail for a living, and have killed 2 porter cable XP machines, and yes, I have killed my Griots also, but my Griots has more power, is more ergonomic, and was replaced for free when it broke. Strictly my opinion from having used darn near every polisher available.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back