Where to Find New Stock of Maxlife ATF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the local kragen, I have only been able to find the "old" stock of Maxlife ATF.

The new formulation of Maxlife ATF is recommended for Dexron-VI and Mercon SP applications-- the label will say so. The old version is not recommended for either of those applications.

I have only been able to find the old version on the shelf. For those of you who have been able to locate the new version, where have you found it?

Thanks!

Go to the Valvoline website and read the product information sheet. It says that it is suitable for that app w/ a * next to it. In the fine print it say "* Viscosity requirement is not met." the dexron VI viscosity is 6 @ 100 C while the maxlife's viscosity is 7.25 @ 100 C. I don't know what your app is for but i would make sure it meets the viscosity requirements. I don't think anything has changed w/ the maxlife except the packaging/label.I doubt it would hurt your tranny just your fuel millage a little w/ the maxlife.

Originally Posted By: jmb106
Go to the Valvoline website and read the product information sheet. It says that it is suitable for that app w/ a * next to it. In the fine print it say "* Viscosity requirement is not met." the dexron VI viscosity is 6 @ 100 C while the maxlife's viscosity is 7.25 @ 100 C. I don't know what your app is for but i would make sure it meets the viscosity requirements. I don't think anything has changed w/ the maxlife except the packaging/label.I doubt it would hurt your tranny just your fuel millage a little w/ the maxlife.

Dexron-VI brings more than just changes to the viscosity. It also brings improved frictional stability, film strength and a few other changes. Therefore, if Valvoline is trying to meet the Dexron-VI requirements (or at least some of them), adding on the Dexron-VI recommendation should mean that they are also addressing some of those other requirements. Lubrizol probably issued an updated additive package to meet the needs of Dexron-VI.

With that said, there was a Walmart grand opening today and I saw Dexron-VI for $3.77/qt. So, I just bought six quarts of that instead.

Point well taken! What is the app? I was considering Dexron VI for my 95 Accord the lower viscosity should help improve fuel millage a bit. I was concerned that the lower viscosity in my app would negativly effect shift quality & possibly damage the tranny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back