Where to find M1 0w-40?

I can't seem to find any mobil1 0w-40 anywhere. Does anybody know wher to get some other than bmw, mercedes, dealerships on the east coast? Looking at the viscocity numbers at 100C it seems like what I am looking for. Since 10W-30 M1 is 9.8, I think 0W-40 will pretty much eliminate the slight oil consumption with its viscocity around 11.4 or something. Well at least I hope so. I could even mix 1.25 qts of 0w-40 with 3 qts of 10w-30 to average out to 10.88, which is slightly higher than castrol GTX 10w-30. I just figure this is the number to aim for since when I used just castrol I didn't consume any oil between oil changed. I hope to find some soon as I need to change it out sometime. Thanks....

Yes, out west, too. So far, AutoZone is the only place I've found with the 0W40. $4.99. Hurts when just across the street 5/10W30 is often on sale for $3.59. I tried to suggest those guys carry the 0W40 but was lectured on how they stopped carrying even 10W40s because it voided warranties. [Roll Eyes] Losing battle. David

Patman

Staff member
quote:
Originally posted by OneQuartLow:
quote:
Originally posted by HondaRD: Correction, 0w-40 is at 14.4 at 100C. MonsterLink
Good God man! Bracket your URL's! [Smile]

I fixed it up! Long URLs make my screen go funny too. [Smile]

Autozone is the only place I've seen it. And it's the same price as the other grades of Mobil 1: $4.99.

Wherever you are (at least in the US), open up the Yellow Pages and look under "Oils-Lubricating". There, you will find the Mobil (and other) oil jobbers serving your area. The oil jobbers are another excellent source for the product you seek.

In Ottawa Canada, I can get Mobil1 0w30 or 0w40 at: Esso Warehouse (Imperial Oil Canada) 1961 Merivale Road Ottawa (Nepean) (613)723-2533 You must buy a case of 6 (1 litre bottles). I think I paid $6.25cdn/litre ($37.50cdn/case). In Toronto, I'd check with Imperial Oil Canada (Esso).