Where to find denso made in japan ac compressor

Hello,

I would like to get a oem denso ac compressor for a 1990 toyota corolla sedan 1.8 diesel.

Rock auto has denso ac compressors around 180 dollars. Are these original denso made in japan ac compressors or are they chinese denso clones. I dont see an email or phone number at rockauto.com to ask rockauto this question. The product info doesnt say country of manufacture.

There are two denso compressors on rockauto.com one says car built in japan and the other says usa built. What is the difference?

Amazon has denso compressors but it says country of origin, which would be a chinese clone i assume.

Is the denso rock auto ac compressor original made in japan?
Where can i find denso made in japan ac compressor?

Thanks

From RockAuto it could be either one. Not sure where you could find one but I’d check out the website the poster above me listed.

There are two denso compressors on rock auto

One says for vehicle built in japan

And one that says usa built

Whats the difference?

I can be wrong but as far as I know, there is no diesel corolla here in the US in the 90s.
If you are looking for the part for diesel corolla, you may not get the correct part, there is a slight chance that it is different?

Are you somewhere in Asia?

Amayama is great and another alternative is Impex Japan. I like Impex because their website usually shows the price for the item right away. With amayama, sometimes the price has to be requested.

I clicked on the Denso compressor on rock auto for the cars built in the USA and tried all of the compatible part numbers in the Impex part search

This one came up as being sold in Japan:
https://en.impex-jp.com/parts/new/search.html?partNo=8832012830

Impex pretty much sells for the same price as a Japanese Toyota dealer.

Unless you want to pay $792 for it, I'd go with the Denso on rockauto.

If the first letter of the VIN is a "J" that means the car was made in Japan. Which is likely in 1990 I don't think they had started making many in the US at that point.

The difference is likely some small change in how the bolts or the lines hook up-- but it is important, the wrong kind will not fit.

Chassis number? A site like Rockauto is for cars that were originally sold in the USA / Canada market (no matter where made). If your car was originally sold in a much different country, consulting a US-based parts site is likely to be wrong.

Correct. This corolla diesel was intended for sale in japan and arrived in europe also but not usa. Chassis number is ce900056582

Toyota part number is 88320-12610 which is discontinued. What would be the equivalent denso part number?

Back