Where to find Castrol data sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the Castrol data sheets on my computer at work. If anyone wants them sent to them, in jpg form (I scanned them in) then email me at work at [email protected] and I'll send them to you on Monday morning at 9am when I get to work.

Just sent you an e-mail PAtman......please e-mail them to me. thanks

quote:

Originally posted by Patman:
I have the Castrol data sheets on my computer at work. If anyone wants them sent to them, in jpg form (I scanned them in) then email me at work at [email protected] and I'll send them to you on Monday morning at 9am when I get to work.

I asked Castrol for a new tech data sheet with information on Castrol Syntec 0W-30 and they sent me a tech data sheet with several errors. Syntec 5W-30 and 10W-30 were listed as ACEA A3/B3 but when I looked at the technical data it was very clear that the oil did not meet those specs. The high temperature high shear viscosity was less than cP 3.5 (ACEA A3/B3/B4 require HTHS, cP @150 C >3.5). Also the technical data for the 0W-30 Syntec was for the old ACEA A1 version that is out of production.

I sent a reply to them and asked them to send me a new tech data sheet when they corrected all the errors. I don't know why they don't just post technical data on their web site.
dunno.gif

[ October 27, 2003, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Sin City ]

I think if you go to their 'Ask the expert' section and email them with what you want, I have found that they always emailed back with a file containing the specs.

I called and asked for the specs - last week.
I got an email spec sheet today from Castrol. Sure enough it shows 0-30 as being A1,B1 and the other weights as A3,B3.
Sure does not seem correct compared to the oil containers.

Last week when I spoke to the rep I specifically asked why Castrol simply does not put all this info on the web site as most other oil companies are doing these days. The reply was that this way they could make sure that all info was up to date.
dunno.gif

Thanks for the data sheets Patman.

I can't believe how disappointing the pour points are for Castrol Syntec and Syntec blend (5w-30) ... -27F, not really competitive with the pour points of other major brands.

quote:

Originally posted by novadude:
Hey Patman... can I see the Syntec Blend Product Data Sheet?

Thanks!

Sure, just send me an email to my work email address listed above and I'll send them back to you right away!

Some random thoughts generated from little bits I have noticed is yes , the data sheets are outdated and rather generic . For example both the LTC and LTP numbers are listed as " MAX " .

The Castrol Canada site does have the 5w-30 and 10w-30 listed as A5 now not A3 as previously mentioned but still is an upgrade from the previous A1 rating .

The 10w-40 Syntec looks like a groovy summer oil at only 13.2 cSt and smells like fruity detergent .

The Syntec 5w-40 " Belgian made " looks like another sleeper oil from them at 12.80 cSt without remarkable smell
smile.gif
but it's really kind of hard to wash off the fingers
smile.gif

For those that happen to be looking for the 5w-40 data as castrol sends it here it is :

Vi @ 100c 12.80
cP@ -25c 3300 max
High Shear VI @ 150c 4.5 ( CEC L-36-A90 )
Zinc % wt 1.0
Phos 0.09
Flash 405F
Sulfur % wt 0.25
TBN 11

I cannot find the correct metric wrench to take off the bottle caps with nor do I know the correct specs to retorque them to
tongue.gif

Thats random
burnout.gif

[ January 30, 2004, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: Motorbike ]

Guile, true Castrol Syntec pour points don't look good, but I can tell you that at -10 to -15 Syntec actually starts my engine easier than M1.
This is as cold as I ever get, so lower isn't important.

Make note of the CCS numbers. They are a good indicator.

So how many "Syntec" 5w-40's does Castrol make? I've seen so many different viscosities @100C* posted from the oil that I'm not sure which is which (everything from 12.8-14.xx). I called two of my local VW dealerships that stock the Castrol Syntec 5w-40 and got prices all in the $6.60-$6.70 (U.S.) range. However in the VOA section it was being posted in the $12 a quart range. Just want to make sure I know what oil is in question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back