Where to buy Val Synpower Oil Treatment in Michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wally world doesn't have it, so I checked with Valvoline and they referred me to a local Distributer (Vesco) who are still checking for me. I'm looking in the S.E. Michigan area. Anyone? Thanks.

I just called Meijer in Belleville and they could not locate it. Any store in particular that I might try next? How much does it cost you at Meijer BTW?

Yep, all three stated above. And I think they all charge just under $4. Compare the inferior (IMHO) Maxlife Engine Protector, which often sells for nearly $6 and from VOA data has nowhere near the goodies the Synpower stuff has. I have three bottles of the Synpower stashed and may buy more. My main use is to thicken 10w30. The additives are a bonus.

Hmmm, I don't recall ever seeing it at Meijer and they recently sold off their Maxlife Engine Protector at $3 a bottle.

Oh well, the search continues, no luck yet at AZ, AA, WM, or Meijer
banghead.gif

If you plan on making a run to Michigan, call AutoZones and Pep Boys locations (find them on their websites) until you find on that has some in stock. Ask them to hold it for you and go get it. Just bring some Canadian beer over for me while your at it (and maybe some ESSO XD-3 too).
grin.gif

BTW, I am about to return a 4x4 case of 0w40 Esso XD-3 since I am experimenting with brands/weights to reduce oil consumption (1qt per 1000-2000 miles). I used up a case of Dino 15w40 XD-3 for 2 Auto-RX jobs and have not seen a reduction in oil consumption (no smoke or leaks on a ~125k mi SOHC VTEC Civic). Just alot of hi-revving fun on a 45-mile one-way commute across the river
smile.gif

So, if you are interestred, I can sell the case of 100% pure Canadian PAO for face value (have receipt). Sorry, alcohol-free lifestyle
wink.gif

Now, I work in S.E. Michigan and calling around stores has been somewhat unreliable. For example, AA, or AZ told me they don't carry Delo 400 15w40 when they actually do. So I try to stop by these stores every now and then and have not been able to score any VSPOT. AZ, AA were both in Livonia, cheking out Murray's today to confirm earlier findings. Westland and Belleville Meijer had none. uh. You wonder why a 1999 Civic has 125k miles
frown.gif

The Synpower Oil Treatment should be at the Pep Boys at 8 mile and Grand River or the one on Telegraph by Joy Road (Redford). Also Murrays in Redford at Plymouth and Inkster should have it (just one mile of I-96).

As for the beer and oil, well I really don't drink much (maybe 2 beers a year) and I guess I can't buy any more oil with my current stash.

Thanx Paul, I will check them out. So you are a Valvoline freak, eh? Maxlife mostly. I am stopping by Walmart today to pick up a jug of 10w40 Maxlife ($8.97!) for my Civic experiment. Wish me luck with that. I already have 4 quarts of Havoline 10w30 Dino (SM GF-4), and want to also try Havoline Synthetic 10w30 (excellent flash and NOACK) then maybe Valvoline Synpower 10W30 for similar properties.

I was just at Murrays at Plymouth and Inkster and there are 5 bottles on the shelf. Check your mail, I have an idea.

TallPaul:

More beer, less oil!

Actually, I have 180 bottles of wine in my wine cellar and 12 quarts of motor oil "stashed" away.

Priorities, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back