Where to buy Kendall or Rotella 5w40?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just had my '01 Saab 9-5's engine fixed with Saab's latest and greatest PCV system update. The original PCV tubing was getting pretty gummed up, so I'm thinking of doing an Auto-RX run for good measure.

Auto-RX recommends dino oil, and I'd like to stay with the ACEA A3/B3 oils to maintain my engine sludge warranty. This means I'm shopping for either the Rotella 5w40 or the Kendall 5w40. I have never come across either in eastern MA. The Rotella 15w40 is easy to find, but with winter coming I don't want a 15w.

Any hints as to where to find this stuff? Or mail order sources?

Thanks RI_RS4. I just called 2 nearby NAPA stores and all they have is the Rotella 15w40.

I suspect the Schaeffer's 5w40 would do fine as well, that's a group 3 & 4 blend if memory serves.

Walmart sells the 5w40 rotella.

Autozone here in lockport, ny stocks the kendall, but its expensive.

The local Valu Home Center home improvement store sells the kendall quarts for 1.49 a quart on sale.

I have never seen the kendall 5w40 anywhere.

Quote:

The local Valu Home Center home improvement store sells the kendall quarts for 1.49 a quart on sale.

I have never seen the kendall 5w40 anywhere.

Yep, a few times a year they offer Kendall GT-1, 5 and 10w-30 for $0.99/qt after a mail-in rebate for the case. I've never seen Kendall 5 or 15w-40 anywhere in the Buffalo area. I also have found Shell Rotella-T 5w-40 only at Walmart. It's 15w-40 everywhere else. Walmart will have 5w-40 in quarts or gallons, and lots of it.

Joel

Quote:

Thanks everyone! It looks like Walmart it is. It's out of the way so I never think to go there.

Same here. I like to hit them up for their automotive department. They've got a great one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back