Where to buy Delvac 1 5w40??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am confused. Why is this moved to a general topic? It is a specific question about a specific oil.

I see posts in the Car and Truck gas engine oil forum with the following titles:

Which oil is the best?
My new Plan
How long is the shelf life?

Are they less "general or more specific" than my question about where to buy a specific oil?

I just want to know the rules so I can post correctly. Thanks,
smile.gif

[ March 19, 2005, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

quote:

Originally posted by Russell:

I just want to know the rules so I can post correctly. Thanks,
smile.gif

I believe there is a whole section entitled "General Board Rules." You might want to read those.
pat.gif

Dan

Dan,
Just did. It told not to cheat, etc. Nothing about "where" to post. I have had several of my posts moved. In this case I see no reason why my post was moved.

BTW, the head smack suggests I was being dumb when I asked for the rules. I suggest not! I have seen nothiing clear about where to post.

BTW, this is a very civil board, yet it seems to moderated rather tightly. I hope it is simply to make sure posts are in the correct "place". There are many forums where the game is to flame everyone. Fortunatly, this board is primarly to seek lubrication information. The possible exception is the GC forum. They seem to be in quest of the holy grail or some other unattainable quest.
smile.gif

[ March 19, 2005, 08:19 PM: Message edited by: Russell ]

All I can suggest is go to your Yellow Pages and call around on the Oil Wholesalers. Most of them will sell to the general public. I'm confident that you will find one who has it.

Our local Walmarts have 5qt jugs and 1qt containers of Truck & SUV. If you want Delvac 1, try a Blains Farm and Fleet store or any local truck suppliers. Expect to pay more for it though...

quote:

They seem to be in quest of the holy grail or some other unattainable quest.

No ..Delvac 1 is THE Holy Grail!!
grin.gif
It, like such "mega" things (440 Super Commandos, 426 Hemi's, Aircraft Carriers, Nuclear Power Plants), although being the "best and greatest" ...just isn't/aren't practical for all needs (light weight Euro and Asian trash
tongue.gif
) .

Those who sip GC ..do it from smaller challaces
grin.gif

Anyway, Tony posted a sticky for a while on "Where to buy" type posts ..he suggested that it would be better suited in the General Auto section. You may see one or two slip by from time to time. Keeping the board on a even keel isn't automatic. It's an evolutionary process of channeling things in a favorable manner ..putting a few road blocks to unfavorable things...and eventually everyone follows the lead (mostly). Being new(er) ..you haven't been "shown the path" enough yet.
wink.gif

Russell,

When you open the Engine Oil topic where you initially posted you will find this:

BEFORE ADDING A NEW TOPIC,PLEASE TRY USING OUR SEARCH FEATURE FOR A RELATED TOPIC WHICH MAY ALREADY HAVE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.NO "where to buy?" posts in here.Post those threads in Auto & Lubrication General Topics

Kind of self explanatory. We do try to put posts where they fit the best. Also we are human and do have to try and make a judgement call. One other thing to remember, we all have families and most have a job. So there is not a Moderator on the board 24/7. We try to make all the members and visitors stay here enjoyable and informative.
Also, you should get a computer generated message where your post has been moved to.

cheers.gif
patriot.gif

Now I see where I missed the guidelines. It was way too obvious. Thanks

"When you open the Engine Oil topic where you initially posted you will find this:

BEFORE ADDING A NEW TOPIC,PLEASE TRY USING OUR SEARCH FEATURE FOR A RELATED TOPIC WHICH MAY ALREADY HAVE ANSWERS TO YOUR QUESTIONS.NO "where to buy?" posts in here.Post those threads in Auto & Lubrication General Topics"

quote:

It's $30.00 per 4 litre jug a Walmart today...

I'm stunned, shocked and a little amazed.....

I converted that to Oz dollars, (roughly A$1= US$0.78) then by 5 to equal the 20 litre drums I buy in, and, I still can't believe it, it equalled A$192.00, yet I payed A$186 (incl GST) last month from the distributor....

..that would have to be a world first. Mostly we pay double what you blokes do in NA.
A US blended oil actually cheaper here than there...

Thank you Mobil
grin.gif

Most any truck stop chain: T/A, Petro, Loves, etc; plus, along any Interstate or truck route where big truck service is done. Any big rig dealer like PETERBILT, FREIGHTLINER, KENWORTH, MACK. Any engine dealer such as: CUMMINS, DETROIT DIESEL, CATERPILLAR. Call ahead. Prices may not be the best in all cases, but a short trip may be worth it to buy a few gallons.

I also order engine oil filters from an industrial supplier. I could, if I chose, make one trip per year after faxing in my order to pick up oil and filters for a year. It usually takes 3-5 business days for filter order to come in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back