Where to buy custom fit seat covers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What places BITOG members order online for custom seat fit covers, not the one size fits all from auto parts store?

2014 Corolla seat covers is what I'm looking for, dealership doesn't have any for this car.

My wife's Lincoln Continental leather seats wore out and I cant seem to find any either. Ebay is good place to start. I got leather seat covers for my Dodge Ram for $500 and they fit like factory. Well worth the money. I am not willing to pay that for the Lincoln, so it might be Pep Boys Ostrich covers.

Same boat for mt BMW. I plan on keeping it a while! I was looking at wet okole. Pricey though. I have a set of microfiber Hatchie on my F150 and they have been stellar! My kids haven't been able to tear them up! From what I know, hatchie only does trucks.

Coverking!!! I have a set and love them. They fit like a glove, and are much more affordable than other brands. I dont have a good pic of the seats with the seat covers on so this will have to do. You can see the bottoms of the seat covers, these are the mesh fabric. It will snag if something sharp rubs on it, so be careful.
CAM004481_zpsed2dbc51.jpg

Here, found some more pics of the Cover King seat covers in my Accord. They are vacuumed once a week with the weekly cleaning and washed about once every 3 months. They are still in good shape save some snags. I've had them about a year.
CAM000361_zps5060bbcf.jpg

CAM000341_zps33d9c28e.jpg

CAM000351_zps914eb77f.jpg

Not sure Id make the expense on a car such as a corolla, to be honest, but the leather covers that The Critic installed looked pretty awesome.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Not sure Id make the expense on a car such as a corolla, to be honest, but the leather covers that The Critic installed looked pretty awesome.

Corollas are nice cars, If any car is currently in good shape I would spend the money to keep it that way. OP, I would recommend the mesh covers. Its worth the money.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Corollas are nice cars, If any car is currently in good shape I would spend the money to keep it that way. OP, I would recommend the mesh covers. Its worth the money.

Not my cup of tea, but I'm not saying if they are or are not nice cars.

But IME, toyota fabrics are a bit harder and long wearing. The fabric in our previa looked as new when it was destroyed in the hurricane with 250k and almost 20 years of use.

So it's not like it's some exotic car or something where the long term value of the car is going to be drastically changed if the seats are slightly worn. It's an econobox, and any added expenses take away from the economy. That's the point.

And also, seat covers often don't fit really well. Yours looked good, Critics were really nice. Critics should also wear really well, and be easy to clean. After all, if not going for either of those criteria, what's the point in having covers? It does cost a good amount to get good fitting ones.

For my bmw, which has lemon leather interior, my belt kept transferring dye to the seat. I had my wife sew some elastic to a perfectly matched towel, and it protects at the right spot. And was cheaper and easier than any seat cover.

Op can do as he chooses, my 2c is that you have to pay to play... And what's the point?

Coverking gets my vote. In my experience they always fit perfectly and are of the highest quality( disclaimer - last set bought in 09 so comments are based off experience up to then ). Moderately priced for such quality covers.

You have to be sure though that you can use seat covers on newer vehicles. Due to air bags in the sides of the seats and other such safety equipment many new vehicles can not run seat covers. No idea if the OP's Corolla falls into that category or not? I looked on Toyota's site and it shows the 2015 Corolla as having side seat airbags however so if the 2014's are the same you can't run seat covers.

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Coverking gets my vote. In my experience they always fit perfectly and are of the highest quality( disclaimer - last set bought in 09 so comments are based off experience up to then ). Moderately priced for such quality covers.

You have to be sure though that you can use seat covers on newer vehicles. Due to air bags in the sides of the seats and other such safety equipment many new vehicles can not run seat covers. No idea if the OP's Corolla falls into that category or not? I looked on Toyota's site and it shows the 2015 Corolla as having side seat airbags however so if the 2014's are the same you can't run seat covers.

My Accord has side curtain air bags and air bags in the seat. The CoverKing seat covers have flaps that will fly open if the airbags go off.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: NHHEMI

My Accord has side curtain air bags and air bags in the seat. The CoverKing seat covers have flaps that will fly open if the airbags go off.

I figured at some point they would come up with a fix for the seat air bag issue. Must be a fairly new idea.

When I had my Saturn ION, I got new seat skins from JCWhitney. I don't know what the brand name was.

After 7 years of use, they still looked good when I traded the car in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back