Where to Buy Batteries for old Cellphones

My older Galaxy phones are sent to my mother in Mexico and need to buy some replacement batteries. The last time I did this, the price did not seem to be an indicator of a good battery.

Do you have a favorite place that you can share.

Phones are old but working, Galaxy 2 and 5.

I like ifixit, they also have helpful guides for free.

And I’m assuming you mean a Galaxy SII, not a Galaxy tab s2… they do use different batteries.

Usually I buy from Amazon, but you have to understand it will never be the same quality as the original because many of them are old batteries the OEM made for the phone companies that end up 1) not the best to pass their standard, 2) they are as old as when the phone was discontinued then sat on the shelf.

So if your original lasted 4 years the new one likely will last 2-3, or so. At least it is cheap and by the time you need another replacement the phone is probably obsolete even in hand me down standard.

Have you checked eBay? Also there's lots of places that will just replace the battery for you seems like they do it for $30-$35 so probably easier to send it in or take it to a store than to get a $10-$15 battery and do it yourself.

I did replace a battery once myself years ago. Had to take it apart 3 times before I finally figured out that I had accidently loosened a small ribbon cable and once that was back in place it worked normally after that. At the time they wanted something like $100-$200 to replace a battery.

I have not (as yet) found good replacement batteries. Cameron Sino is a popularly sold battery brand, they aren't worth a darn.

When I had Galaxy Note 4 until December 2020, replacement battery from Rav Power (https://www.ravpower.com/) was the best at very reasonable price. Their customer service was top notch as well, when one of the replacement batteries was getting hot and not recharging well, contacted them via email, they sent me replacement ASAP. I highly recommend this place.

Not sure they have one for your phone, but check them out.

Batteries Plus. Maybe I got lucky but about 5 years ago my dustbuster (yes one of those things) battery died. The associate pulled the old battery out and created a new battery pack, then wired it back together.

Lucky for me, the batteries are easy to remove but not so lucky: The phones are in Mexico!

Thanks for the ideas

Back