Where to buy: Aamco Mercon V

Status
Not open for further replies.
After the MUCH recent praising of the Aamco Mercon V by G-Man and others, I decided to call up the local AutoZone stores in this area. Unfortunately, none of them carry Aamco Mercon V, they only sell Castrol Mercon V.
dunno.gif

Where are you folks buying Aamco Mercon V, especially those in Norcal?

Should I call Aamco?

Thanks

I got mine at AutoZone, but I haven't been in there in several months so I don't know if my local AutoZone has stopped carrying it. I hope not.
confused.gif

Actually Tom, I was curious about that myself and e-mailed ExxonMobil. Apparently, they are two different formulas!
shocked.gif

A quick look at the PDS shows the Aamco MerconV/Dexron-III(H) to have a lower Brookfield Viscosity at -40 compared to the Mobil Multi-Vehicle Fluid. So, the Aamco fluid is either using more PAO, or more PPD, correct me if I'm wrong.

quote:

What about an AAMCO shop?

I thought about that as well, but from what I've been told, most Aamco shops simply use Dexron-III(H)/Mercon + Lubegard M-V (Green) or Lubegard HFM (Black) for most of their servicing. I think I'll give 'em a call though.

Aamco Mercon V Product Data Sheet (PDF Format)

offtopic.gif

Tom, I came across your fluid analysis in a search. Its very likely that the independent shop used Dexron-III + Lubegard Mercon V (M-V) "Green" Fluid converter for the fluid change. When added at 1oz/qt, the Lubegard additive will bump the viscosity of a normal 7.5cst ATF to about 7.7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back