Where to buy 5W-30 in 5 Gallon Pails?

In a quest to lower prices, I have been trying to find 5W-30 in a pail, with out much luck.
Diesel oil, no problem, as well as gasoline 10W-30.
I have been looking online and at all the retailers that come to mind, but have come up empty so far.
A lower-tier/store brand is what I am looking for, as the car is a daily highway driven '05 Lesabre, not anything fancy or exotic.
Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Call a bulk oil distributor although they might not want to bother with small quantities like that.

You'll probably do better catching smaller quantities on sale. I've sought what you're seeking and just wound up with closeout oil from wherever.

Linky to 5 gallon Miles full syn for $86.

Why not get a few 5 qt jugs of normal 5w30?
Wally has qs synthetic for $15 each now or chevron 5w30 for $14...
Or 6qt boxes of havoline 5w30?

I'm sure that Buick would run forever on any of those.

You can usually find 5W or 10W30 on sale with rebate or clearance for less than a pale. Far less hassle as well (heavy pale, pouring into intermediate container than into car).

Not hard at all to get Penzoil Platinum or M1 for ~ 12/5qt jug. or $2.40/qt.

5 gal pales for syn-blend 5w-30 arw $65 now. or $3.25/qt.

You'd have to find a 5 gal bucket for under $48 to save money but you would still need have a hassle factor.

NAPA sells Valvoline, Castrol and Royal Purple in 5 gallon containers or boxes. I don't really see any savings on those brands over what you can normally find at Wal-Mart in smaller quantites.

Maybe do a search for 5 gallon or 20 liter containers of motor oil and see what turns up.

Buy 5L or 1 gallon jugs on sale instead. They are cheaper than a shop can buy oil, except perhaps in drums. Just figure out which retailers price match in your area so when the "sale" store is out, you can buy a jug at the other store for the same price. I've never had a problem buying one or two jugs this way, but I imagine they might say no to you clearing out their stock.

As posted above, the Miles Lubricants stuff was the only oil that came to mind offhand. I used 4-5 5 Gallon buckets of it back when it was a really good deal. Sometimes if you keep checking Amazon or Walmart you can find it for a decent price. Often times it is their Synthetic Blend product, but it is all API certified, so you can use it with confidence.

*Edit*

Looking at the current prices, you'd be better off buying 6qt Havoline boxes by quite a margin.

Why not FRAM bag in box from Advance (Amalie )
Or STP bag in box from Auto Zone (Amalie) also

Tractor Supply house brand and Home Depot with ship to store pickup on the Miles Lubricant. Price though are not really competitive for the bulk quantity compared to smaller 5qt jug prices.

Why not get a few 5 qt jugs of normal 5w30?
Wally has qs synthetic for $15 each now or chevron 5w30 for $14...
Or 6qt boxes of havoline 5w30?

I'm sure that Buick would run forever on any of those.
I agree. There are regularly ways of getting 5 quart jugs at good prices -- as good or better than any 5 gallon container I have priced. They are lighter and easier to store. You don't have the hassle of dispensing 5 or 6 quarts per oil change from a large / heavy pail.

OP here. Thank you to all that replied.
Clearance oil isn't something I can find readily at the local parts stores or WM, although I did find some the other day in a viscosity that was too thin.
I have heard of oil in boxes, but have yet to see it.
Seeing as the consensus is towards the 5 qt jugs, I will keep searching for lower prices.

Back