Where the autos are located.

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_vehicles_per_capita I have posted the above site before, but today , was thinking, when you have only 3 to 50 cars per thousand of population, what does that say to us here?

We have more than enough, oil changes are not so important, but food is in many countries where there are not cars, no infrasture and so on. Lets us be grateful and humble for the USA...think about it, millions have no way to get somewhere and out of harms way when the bad guys so to speak overrun your country...

The thing you forget is more effective public transport(buses, trains, less expensive taxi service) exists in the places where car ownership is lower typically. That is at least what I picked up travelling a bit in the world.

Originally Posted By: rjundi
The thing you forget is more effective public transport(buses, trains, less expensive taxi service) exists in the places where car ownership is lower typically. That is at least what I picked up travelling a bit in the world.

good point..

I'm surprised any European country has more than Canada? Maybe more small delivery vehicles makes up the difference?
Also the list doesn't include motorcycles, and I can imagine in a country like Bangledesh, 2 wheels is much more practical than 4 in many places.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
Lets us be grateful and humble for the USA...

I think a little gratefulness and humility, automotive-related or not, would go a LONG way in this country...

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

I think a little gratefulness and humility, automotive-related or not, would go a LONG way in this country...

By and by most people in the USA are quite humble. It's the 2% of the loudmouths that spoil it all. That said, we are a grateful nation, but we don't have to constantly apologize for who we are, our heritage and our lawful acts. This apologizing for the USA six years back got old really fast and ended up being quite harmful as we see now.

Neither gratefulness nor humility require you to apologize for being yourself. Each term simply recognizes that we don't do anything alone and it takes more than "self" to be successful in life. A different perspective on life is achieved. Pride has value, but only to a certain degree.

That notion that JFK's saying ("ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country") has somehow reversed is emblematic of this.

Originally Posted By: Pablo

By and by most people in the USA are quite humble. It's the 2% of the loudmouths that spoil it all. That said, we are a grateful nation, but we don't have to constantly apologize for who we are, our heritage and our lawful acts. This apologizing for the USA six years back got old really fast and ended up being quite harmful as we see now.

I agree.

++++++++++++++++++1

Originally Posted By: rjundi
The thing you forget is more effective public transport(buses, trains, less expensive taxi service) exists in the places where car ownership is lower typically.

Public transport is far better in Australian cities than New Zealand cities, yet car ownership level is almost the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back