Where, oh where, has my Moly gone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do I tell if a certain Chevron Supreme is the formulation with moly or not? I just did a change and used 10W-30 that was purchased at a Chevron station. Living in the east, we don't have the luxury of having Chevron products readily available. Currently there is one station within a 25 mile radius of my house and none of their lube products are available at the local Wally World, Targee' etc. I would feel alittle better if the oil I used has some moly in it.

[ July 02, 2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: shortyb ]

Unless the motor oil is old, it should have Moly. Chevron started to put some Moly in their motor oils.

Thanks folks. I'm going to call and see if they can tell me from the batch #s. The reason for my concern is I remember reading a post awhile back that said Chevron changed their formula to include moly. I don't know how long ago they changed, or if the "old" formula had moly and they increased it, or were adding it for the first time. I figured the oil I got may have been sitting around the station for awhile and could have been the "old" formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back